Carlton identification.....assistance required.

No doubt it will look a beaut' when its repainted, yeh 'Sokesmann' knows his old stuff.

Bitten by the bug 'biggs682' :xmas-big-grin:

Its a Corsa early 70s. They were available in poly mauve as well as this copper colour. Decals are what is referred to as 'imichrome'.

Re:

Thanks Mike. Any suggestions on what group set would have been fitted? I seem to have a mish-mash, unless Suntour, Raleigh and Simplex was standard fit? Are the chrome decals still available? I've seen plenty of Corsa decals on ebay but none chrome.

Thanks for your assistance. Is it very much appreciated.
Richard

The machine would have most likely been fitted with Huret svelto mech sometimes a Campag Valentino. Brakes were Weinmann 999s, saddle Brooks B5N, GB bars and stem, maybe the older ones were fitted with a possible Williams or Raleigh steel cottered chainset, later ones a 3-pin Raleigh style. Decals on Ebay I think are not imichrome - you can get them, difficult but i have seen them, not sure if H LLoyd have any.

here is my Corsa from the period...
P6081063_zps796b8577.jpg

A Corsa of a slightly later period, this one is 75. Note the decals have changed.
PA141450_zps6918cfb7.jpg

Re:

Thanks for that Mike. The green machine looks absolutely fantastic. If mine looks half as good as that I will be very happy. Did think of changing my colour but decided to stick to the original, well nearly. I've ordered Kia techno orange paint which is the best match I can find at the moment. Korea meets Worksop!
I post some pictures when painted.

Richard

Richard, look forward to seeing the bike techno orange sounds interesting!

Back