Carbon fibre e-bikes and pedelecs

Retro Spud":3msc2ic9 said:
My_Teenage_Self":3msc2ic9 said:
On an unrelated note... I recommend the film 'Idiocracy’ to all

Much love to you and your family, Mr Potato. :LOL:

Never heard of that film ....will check it out

It was funny when it came out...now it's just plain scary :shock:

al-onestare":8ko6jv9n said:
In other news, advertisements aside, I've yet to see a slim built rider on an eBike. Make of that what you will.
Femke Van den Driessche?

Hardly what you'd call sturdy......

Re:

No matter how open minded I try to be, I just cannot agree with these e-bikes, in particular the MTB versions.

As an on-road commuter jobby, I kind of get it. Especially for those of the older generation. I can see why they are useful.

But to me, being out on the bridleways (and off-piste) on my MTB is akin to the reason why I like walking in the outdoors as opposed to a drive in the country. Peacefulness, solitude, some relief from the guilt of the everyday brutalising we humans emit on the earth (that includes me).

To see a cluster of brand spanking E-MTB's in all their battery / carbon newness being "ridden" out in the hills by a rich man and his counterparts, talking loudly of business and possessions, leaving gel packets and inner tubes in their wake, totally absorbed in their new industry which never fails to find a new way of parting them from their money, is something I wholeheartedly hate. It misses the point of cycling (for me).

Happy Tuesday everyone :mrgreen:

I did a marathon race a few weeks ago and it was damned annoying to be crawling up a steep hill in a group of not all that fit riders, only for some guy on an e-bike to whizz past us at 20 mph. I can understand riding an e-bike for a recreational ride, perhaps for someone who isn't able to do cardio workouts, but why bother racing on one? May as well just turn up in a 4x4 and do the race in that...

And when it comes to frame materials, steel is simply the best - it lasts for ever if looked after and can be repaired easy enough if you get a hole or a crack.

Back