Caramba - What is it?

Yes to concept is to alter the amount of cable pulled at the caliper end and they both employ a pulley to do so. How they attach is completely different. I suppose you could bolt the caramba part to the bolted arms of a V-brake and then use a screw on end piece to fit is to where the noodle could go, similar to the photo of the LX cantilever above. The does not seem very clean.

cce":3c59dr33 said:
It's the same concept at work.
It'd probably be placed either on the output of the brake lever, or mounted on the end stop/frame hanger to convert the other way.

Not sure what the aim of the set up shown is. Unless someone has just guessed how to set it up.

Ok, Google images tells me exactly what it is, a "v-daptor" designed for turning a cantilever brake into a "not very good" v-brake on tourers and tandems.

If you plug v-daptor into Google, there are plenty of hits.

mattr":3roo2s7m said:
cyclotoine":3roo2s7m said:
weird.. too bad it won't work on an MTB!
Erm. Yes it will. As I've already said, it's a pull ratio adaptor. Allows v-brake levers to work a cantilever brake, or, if you reverse it, it'll allow a cantilever lever to work a v-brake.

The current ones are called travel agents.

http://www.jensonusa.com/!4N7UpIq8UHGA! ... avel-Agent

Either that, or it's a booster of some type, like servo wave on the old shimano v brake levers.
It looks like a Cog Hog. Is it the same sort of thing or does it work in a different way?

cog hog (rollamajig and similar) is only a pulley to redirect the line of the cable. travel agent, and possibly this mystery part, alters the amount of distance a travels in relationship to the pull of the levers. i have a set of travel agents which i've used in the past to get a pair of canti brake levers (short pull) to work with v-brakes (long pull).

found this:

Attachments

• 3$_57.JPG
    3$_57.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 618
  • 2$_57.JPG
    2$_57.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 618
  • 1$_57.JPG
    1$_57.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 618
RockiMtn":13ntloet said:
found this:
How does it work? Does the cable just wrap around the roller 1:1, or does the roller have a multiplier effect on the cable pulling more cable around the roller?

roller looks to be off centred so yes, it multiplies as it pulled around the roller. from smaller diameter (closer to the pivot) to larger diameter (farther from the pivot)

TrevorKershaw":3kueapes said:
RockiMtn":3kueapes said:
found this:
How does it work? Does the cable just wrap around the roller 1:1, or does the roller have a multiplier effect on the cable pulling more cable around the roller?

The roller is eccentric and the bolt fixes the cable so it doesn't slide on the roller. I assume you set the resting position to be the one where the cable is closest to pivot point and as you pull the cable the pulley spins and moves the roller moves the cable away from the pivot thus multiplying the amount pulled. I guess this thing has more than one application. I'll probably never use it since I am apparently missing the little cable end things for V-brake application. Would be cool to find a mate though and be able to use it with a drop bar set-up and V-brakes.

Back