Sorted no longer needed

tonyf39

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Somehow the tightening nut on my Swift has unscrewed and now the saddle is creaking and a bit wallowy, onl discovered this weekend so hoping no long term damage. It's a fairly 'young' saddle with only 9,000 miles with a 15 stoner on it so still fresh :D
I've not looked elsewhere so have no idea on cost or if there's a simple but reliable hack/bodge say steel nut from a hardware store, in which case what's the threading/size?
muchos grasiarse

Brooks steel nose bolts were 5/16" BSF so 22tpi. Don't know about the titanium ones and don't know if things have changed since Selle Royal took control. Genuine replacement bolts are fairly easy to obtain and aren't expensive.

Brooks steel nose bolts were 5/16" BSF so 22tpi. Don't know about the titanium ones and don't know if things have changed since Selle Royal took control. Genuine replacement bolts are fairly easy to obtain and aren't expensive.
Looks like I've created an issue out of nothing, late night hallucinations and in fact the bolt is still there. Feck knows what was going on in my head!
thanks for info though, might still be useful if the infamous bolt snapping occurs

Back