cannondale super v advice ?

willsp2009

Dirt Disciple
hi all ive always wanted a super v since i was younger so took the plunge and found one on ebay that needed some tlc and a whole lotta work lol, im wondering how to tell the age of it? i think its a 97 as it has the headshok moto 120 dh upside down forks?? am i wrong can any cannondale boys help? also does anyone know where i can get break pads for the sachs power disc that fits to this fork? thanks again im in the middle of stripping here for a new paint job pics soon

willsp2009":dcsq721z said:
hi all ive always wanted a super v since i was younger so took the plunge and found one on ebay that needed some tlc and a whole lotta work lol, im wondering how to tell the age of it? i think its a 97 as it has the headshok moto 120 dh upside down forks?? am i wrong can any cannondale boys help? also does anyone know where i can get break pads for the sachs power disc that fits to this fork? thanks again im in the middle of stripping here for a new paint job pics soon

it sounds like you have the Super V DH.

harryhood":3hkhjw62 said:
willsp2009":3hkhjw62 said:

it sounds like you have the Super V DH.

Indeed it does :shock:

I was after one for a while, gave up trying to find one :roll:

The serial number holds the answer your looking for.

Get some pics up please buddy ;)

G

super v

it is currently in bits as i stripped it yesterday as its in for painting tomorrow, im thinking about taking the downhill cranks etc off as think the type of riding i want to do 8 speed would get a bit tyresome lol, got it off ebay at a very good price, will post pics as soon as its together again lol, the forks seem to be working fine so would you leave them alone or try and give them a service? yhanks for all your help great site

welcome
do a bit of a build log and get pics up
folk appreciate that sort of thing

no top tube? just cant find the model it says jf on serial number so that means may 98 if ive read it wright lol

willsp2009":205z9bhr said:
no top tube? just cant find the model it says jf on serial number so that means may 98 if ive read it wright lol

then you might have one of the freeride models, not the dh. was the frame red? pics will obviously answer all these questions.

it was origanally a really dark green with metalic specs running through it ,looked a really nice colour but origanal owner has done a poor respray of candy white ,this is why im getting her resparyed ill post some pics as soon as paints done just had her on table trying to get the rear swingarm off only one side bolt comes out the other wont, dont want to knock it out in case its threaded into something,it looks like one threads into the other but cant be 100%, possibly a freeride looks like 100mm rear travel 120mm front,

Back