Cannondale Killer V(T) 900 build thread

Cor - thats an absolute stunner. Great build!

I've got an M700 that is sound but very rough - and I was thinking of stripping the paint and then polishing. How did you go about polishing? If I can get anything like that I'd be really pleased.

Not science at all, just some hard work and patience. First remove the paint with Nitromors. If there are deep cuts/grooves, then treat them first with grit 400. Then wet sanding paper/sponge from grit 800 -> 1200 -> 1600 -> 2000 (if you want you can go up to 4000). Polishing with Autosol aluminium polishing paste and polishing machine or chargeable drill with polishing heads. Small junctions etc. with paste and rag.

I think the sanding and polishing took something like 12 hours of work. I did two sanding runs with each grid, first in straight lines crossing 90°, followed by rotating movement. That way it's easier to see advancement, and if there's some scratches that need more sanding.

Just buy enough beer for the work :D

Thanks - one other Q. The seatpost I have looks remarkably similar to yours (silver body, black head) which I'd assumed was aftermarket but may well be OE. Do you know anything about it?

It was going to go in the metal recycling but seeing how well yours has polished up I may have a change of heart

Thanks - one other Q. The seatpost I have looks remarkably similar to yours (silver body, black head) which I'd assumed was aftermarket but may well be OE. Do you know anything about it?

It was going to go in the metal recycling but seeing how well yours has polished up I may have a change of heart
I think it's a Ritchey branded, but made by Kalloy.

Great build!
I bought same killer on last week, polishing now)
Where you find decal set? I search all over the internet and cant find
my decals are in too bad condition, can't trace(

Some refinements to the build.
- Coda Magic M900 dream crankset. Too bad the middle ring is really worn. Beautiful anyway. Was really difficult to remove from the donor bike, all tricks were used.
- Coda Competition bar, was also in not so good condition, so sanded, polished and with new decals.
- Syncros titanium post. I know it should be with black decals but it looks fresh that way (subject to change). Fits also with the white decals of the stem.

IMG_1865.jpeg

IMG_1867.jpeg

IMG_1866.jpeg

Back