CANNOCK CHASE 2023 TWIZZLER

You to put some effort into marketing this mofo!

(I'm in this one)

1702985296776.png

You to put some effort into marketing this mofo!

(I'm in this one)

View attachment 804755
So was I, but can find me in the picture, probably hiding up the back.

Where's the hard sell? The promise that mince pies may be on offer, a prize for bike/crash/mechanical of the ride, sexy ladies in skimpy costumes draped over 2024 bikes, Youtubers filming our every move! Manufacturer stands, sponsorship deals, free stuff

Many many of these things may or may not have happened at the infamous Turkey Twizzlers of old

Where's the hard sell? The promise that mince pies may be on offer, a prize for bike/crash/mechanical of the ride, sexy ladies in skimpy costumes draped over 2024 bikes, Youtubers filming our every move! Manufacturer stands, sponsorship deals, free stuff

Many many of these things may or may not have happened at the infamous Turkey Twizzlers of old

I do remember things getting rather ‘dirty’!

I'd love to but alas I'm in that there London town (possibly skating South bank) so can't make it down south

Hmm. I was really trying to find out if it is still a thing?
Posts seem to peeter out in 2018.
You photo of the glory days is 12 years old.
I would think it's more informal ie no cake or prises these days.
I had thought that the prospect of stinking mud and flesh left on tree bark was enough for all but armchair retro bikers.
As the Cliff top is enough enticement to a lemming.
But that said ill offer a mince pie for any broken bones (compound fractures count as 1)
And hope to see any old blokes on historical unsuitable bikes at 10.00 am
Birches car park. 27.12.2023
Ill be the old guy on a bontrager
Experiencing mud, rain and a lot of regrets!

Back