CANNOCK CHASE 2023 TWIZZLER

Afraid I'm not round this year either (family things mean that 2023 was pretty low on bike action throughout, sadly), but it warms my cockles to know someone will be out there, slopping, shivering and suffering on our behalf, keeping the Twizzler alive - chapeau that man!

I’ll try to be there. My bike is very unsuitable. The main problem though is me. As I said to a lad who simply couldn’t believe I had got that far around the red route on a bike with no suspension; I lack the fitness to get anywhere near this bike’s limits. I don’t think I have ever been as unfit as I am now.

Willing to wait?

Hi
Injury seems a common issue
The bikes may be 30 years old.
But given when we likely bought them
Us riders are now twice that age.
I havn't done Cannock for the last few
years because of injury myself.
Back on form this year so I'm keen
to get our there again.
Hope to see anyone who is fit enough.
Let's hope for warm and dry weather.

Injury isn’t an issue. Sloth is. I cannot remember the last time I got properly muddy. I have probably been mountain biking 2 or 3 times in the last 4 or 5 years.
I have just done a roller session and it hurt. I’ll try to get some more in before next week to take the edge off my unfitness and hopefully avoid some sort of collapse.
Worst case scenario is I’m left behind. Saying that I have been on a fair few retro rides and I know it’ll take me sending you on your way rather than being left. I will be able to find my way back.

Almost looking for to it!

Holy Mother of Merckx! Have you seen the weather forecast for Wednesday? Biblically wet. If I wasn’t planning to ride, I’d be starting on an ark.
@bontybonty how far away are you travelling from? I don’t have too far at least. I know The Big Cheese lives off to the east quite a chunk.

Were you planning on coming LGF? Anyone else?

Hi The forecast is indeed not good.
I'm coming from Leicester
So not too far.
I'm still going to give it a go
But I guess if it's utterly foul
Could reduce the monkey to a dog

I think I barely have the Dog in my legs! I won’t be letting you ride alone. I’ll be going now unless illness intervenes. You parking at Birches Valley to make use of the changing facilities after the ride presumably? I generally park opposite Tackaroo. Because I’m a tight wad but I can pay one a year!
Just off to the garage to see if I can fit sonar to my Saracen.

Hi yes Birches car park 10.00 27.12.23
The forcast is 10 degrees
And around 1mm of rain in the day
Hopefully not as bad as it looks on some
Forcast Sites
Let's face it we have probably all done
It in horrid weather before.
Though also some years dry
And a memorable white one
It all adds to the experience

Back