CAN ANYONE I.D. THIS FRAME ?

KDM":39osqtgp said:
Looks like someone has simply stripped the paint off the red Eagle LGF mentioned. I suspect who ever stripped it didn't finish it and possibly sold the frame on and the next owner built it up not knowing what it was?

Video, you've had enough bikes to know, does it feel like a bare steel frame that has simply been stripped or does it look like someone has resprayed it in a titanium type colour?

Once I get the frame I will let you know, but I suspect it is aluminium.
What appealed to me about this bike is it might suit my short wife.
But it will ignite my interest in retrobikes again.
Jeff.

I was watching it for the same reason but after upgrading my eBay app, I stopped getting alerts and missed it. I have a steel alpinestars version but the alu frame appealed as it may have been a bit lighter. Does it run a normal headset? My alpine stars had some odd affair that used semi-integrated but threaded 1 inch headset in what seems to be a standard 1 1/8 semi-integrated tube (well I hope it is as I've bought a hope one to fit). Stranger still, the fork steerer was only partially threaded to allow the use of a 1 inch ahead stem. All original alpinestars kit so not a bodge.

videojetman":yslvz7o6 said:
Jeff.

Don't mean to sound personal but just how tall is your wife as i was thinking of something like this for my mrs as she's only 5ft1" ...

Mine is 5ft 3 I think. A 12 inch framed orange clockwork has proven to be a little large, though she really wants a sit up and beg shopping bike. I thought the fit was fine but one look and she'd decided it was too big. I'm hoping I can build something a little cooler that fits that bill somehow.

I think you may just have an awkward wife as i'd of expected a 13" frame to be a perfect size for my Mr's at 5ft 1" as she can sit on a 16" but says's it's to high even though i know she isn't too small for it so a 12-13 frame bike would be great if i could afford one atm ..

Muddy paw":z93azjfs said:
videojetman":z93azjfs said:
Jeff.

Don't mean to sound personal but just how tall is your wife as i was thinking of something like this for my mrs as she's only 5ft1" ...
my wife is around 5ft.
but for £80 i can't complain at this purchase. :D

Looking forward to seeing this one progress having owned several similar frames in the past (British Eagle EXS and a couple of little Alpinestars both T24 and the later T26). Incidentally, the T24 actually referred to the standover clearance and not the wheel size. Both the T24 and T26 were 26" wheel bikes (T24 was renamed the T26 to avoid confusion).

Back