Can anyone do sheet metal work?

Re:

The idea is to move the bottles out to the side, so that I can fit a frame bag. Being a short arse, my frame is small and there just isn't room to fit the bottle under the bag in it's usual position.

This is the idea:

F3F0DE10-1B71-4F25-B4D62B1CA9D42010-zoom.jpg

However, the bracket I've designed is too short, the bottles need to be further up the down tube to clear my toes.

I'm going to try mounting the bottle cage further down the seat or down tube getting a small 500ml bottle, instead of the 750ml bottles i currently have and see if that will fit. It may be that I can use an adapter, so that the bottle is right down near the bottom bracket.

Something like this:

topeakalt-positioncagemounts1.jpg

Re:

Already have a rack.

This was how I lashed everything on a couple of weeks ago:

Rye02.jpg

I was looking to make the whole thing a bit tidier for the next trip and not have a rucksack. I actually have a set of panniers somewhere, but can't find the damn things. However, having used the panniers before, just on the rear, I don't like the way it makes the bike feel, with everything spread out over the bike, it felt quite nice; there was added weight, but it didn't seem to upset the handling.

Re:

what about using the fork legs instead?

Attachments

• moots_02_670.jpg
    moots_02_670.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 386
Re:

I saw those Topeak adapters, but didn't like the fact that they are so tall. Something like this might be better:

product-bottle-cages-accessories-versamount-versamount-7832ef1bd4fd443a4d7e7462548afeef.jpg

In any case, there are quite a few options and I'll find a way to bodge/lash a water bottle on somewhere. :D

Back