Can Anyone Date my GIOS TORINO SUPER RECORD???

Fantastic bike in amazing condition - I was pleased with mine but this is a completely different league..

Not quite sure why, but I think the Regal would somehow spoil the classic good looks of this bike although I'm not exactly known for my aesthetic sensibilities which probably means that it would go perfectly. Interestingly (then again, perhaps not), my recently arrived Gios also came with a Brooks saddle. At first I wasn't keen but it has grown on me and pretty sure that it will stay so self indulgently I've posted a photo below.

tankbullock":27ces8kg said:
Is there such a thing as white bar tape that doesn't get filthy the second you touch it?
Bike Ribbon looks pretty good and is easy to clean, especially compared to cork etc. Wiggle have it very cheap http://www.wiggle.co.uk/bike-ribbon-pro-bar-tape/ , again a photo of it fitted below.

Attachments

• PC080069.JPG
    PC080069.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 660
  • PC080066.JPG
    PC080066.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 660
I wonder whether some of the early SR came with brooks professional?

Your Brooks looks better offset against the white bar tape than mine with black leather on bars but I think mine looks to big on my small frame. Need a more elegant Italian perch to get things in proportion.

I'll get some white bar tape on after the weekend and hopefully pick up some shallower drops next week too. Thanks for the bar tape link!

The drops above are very shallow - they are 3ttt but I'm not sure which model. Obviously no use if you want to keep the Cinelli stem though.

Good point about the 'heaviness' of the saddle making a difference depending on frame size as the one above is a 12cm bigger frame than yours.

Lovely both those bikes. I'll stick my neck out and venture a guess that the 3TTT bars have the Tour de France/Paris Roubaix bend with a 140mm drop. The shape is very similar to a Cinelli 64 (the Giro d'Italia). Don't be fooled by the "Tour de France" name for the 3TTT bars. They just had to come up with a different name than Cinelli; the bends are very similar. For a while deep drops were very popular thanks to Merckx, but what are traditionally known as "shallow" (135-140mm) drops actually suit small to average sized riders (and their bikes) better IMHO.
re dirty handlebar tape/ribbon, a wipe with a damp cloth and some fairy liquid usually does the trick.

Hy And congrats!

To Date your frame it would be the easiest Way to send pictures of the Frame-Joints And the bottom of the bb straight to Marco Gios in Bella italia. Contact via Homepage of the Real Gios : http://www.giostorino.it
He will answer in only a few days. I did that allready for my Gios Compact '88, Gios Torino and my Gios MTB '87 Prototyp which he confirmed. You can also feature your Bike in the historic gallery of Gios Italy then. What I havent done, because I want professional pictures first.
The signature on your seatpost is absolutly original. The sign means GT which stands for Gios Torino. This Campa SR Post is highly sought after and sold for 120£+++!
The coins can be bought via eBay in the store of defietsenmaker, a Shop in Holland

Back