Can Anyone Date my GIOS TORINO SUPER RECORD???

Oh god its nice but get rid of those columbus decals off the front forks!...Please :facepalm:

It needs some sexy new coins too, being as its immaculate :cool:

Get rid of the modern black chain-stay protector and maybe buy a nice chrome one instead!

Needs a Cinelli saddle too!

Then add these.....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gios-Torino-p ... 3cce96eb65

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yes, I thought the fork decals were a bit tacky looking.

I looked at a Turbo on the bike last night and it doesn't look right anyway, so if I could find a nice Cinelli I would defo try one but the mint vintage volare's don't grow on tree's so I will probably go down the San Marco supercorsa/rolls route for now.

Thanks for all the feedback. :LOL:

Stunning condition! I wouldn't have too many regrets buying a bike like that already built up. ;)
My 2cts: The bars and stem are a later addition I think and don't look right to me. If you can't find a Gios-engraved stem, I'd change that Cinelli XA stem for an earlier Cinelli 1A, and those deep drop Cinelli 66 bars for the Cinelli 64 bars, which would look better proportioned in relation to this small frame, (or a similar pairing from 3TTT). :)

Firstly that is one stunning machine "Sheffield" will be very jealous, make sure you ride it these bikes ride extremely well and are not meant for just staring at! Ive got the same groupset on my Rossin the super record brakes are very strong if lacking a bit in modulation but you soon get used to it! Yep Id second changing the bars for a tighter bend as I put Champion De Monde on my 52cm Rossin, needs Giro D'Italias on it really as you feel like your nose is too close to the ground, really improves handling on descents. That bar covering, is it leather or one piece? could be tricky to change the stem? oh yes and Im with Ian, if at all possible let the beautiful Gios blue shine through and try and remove the columbus fork stickers...enjoy!!

Thanks again for the info, I want to get the bike looking spot on and will gladly throw a few more hard earned pounds at it, to finish it off.

I was gonna swap the stem out as It has been engraved with the (I assume) previous owners name, so knowing it should be an earlier model is great to know. I do have a set of 3tt Champion du monde bars on my Colnago Sarroni so could swap them out to see how they look.

The bar is covered in a one piece hand stitched leather cover. Very comfatable but not my cup of tea either. Looks a bit unfinished and less racey than traditional bar tape. Is there such a thing as white bar tape that doesn't get filthy the second you touch it?

The Columbus lettering on the fork seems either lacquered in or very thin, so I'm not sure how easy it will be to get them babies off. Will get the hairdryer out later!

Monty dog is right, San Marco regal , white with perforations just google image it, would make all the difference, they are very comfortable too! :D

I hadn't thought of the Regal, What to do, what to do???

I think Mercian (derby) sell a few vintage re-edition saddles, I'll take the bike over and try a few out next week.

Even with the one tonne brooks it don't half ride sweet!

Back