Campagnolo polishing / engraving

Lovely work.
How would you go about removing anodising on a derailleur front plate before engraving - would it have to be dismantled?

Lovely work.
How would you go about removing anodising on a derailleur front plate before engraving - would it have to be dismantled?
No. I made a tool to hold the derailleur parallelogram against the spring so can access with small rotary polishers.

Cool. It’s a real pain tapping out those pivot pins, though some seemed to do it in the 70s/80s - I think Campag even made a tool for the job..

Must remember your service @petgel. Have a 90s MTB Campagnolo groupset for a build and struggling to find the right sized seatpost. Their stuff was so overbuilt (and I'm not crazy heavy) that once I rebuild my lathe and seeing your skills I reckon I could find an oversized one and turn to correct DIA and then get you to engrave a logo! 🤞😍

Must remember your service @petgel. Have a 90s MTB Campagnolo groupset for a build and struggling to find the right sized seatpost. Their stuff was so overbuilt (and I'm not crazy heavy) that once I rebuild my lathe and seeing your skills I reckon I could find an oversized one and turn to correct DIA and then get you to engrave a logo! 🤞😍
What size you looking for and what size to fit into. I’m a believer in going undersize and using a shim. An aluminium post in a steel seat tube that gets stuck with dissimilar metal corrosion will result in a minimum loss of seatpost. Undersized aluminium in aluminium shim, tge shin gets stuck. It’s easy to get out and it’s costs a few quid…

Back