Campag Rims

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Hi, Sigma were launched in 1987 - there was a big shake up of the range in '87. Record and Victory were replaced by Sigma (4 varieties), Delta (3 varieties), Omega (2 varieties), Epsilon (2) and Lambda (2).

The published weights didn't vary much across any of the rims, options generally were finish type, a lighter variety (e.g. Delta Strada XL vs Delta Strada) and width. The idea was that the more expensive varieties had more strength, I think.

Sigmas came to my attention during the '88 Tour in both silver and grey - but looking back they were on lots of team bikes in '87 including ANC Halfords.

I've got bikes running Victory Strada, Victory Crono, Lambda Strada, Omega Strada, Omega V and have used Campag rims them since around 1987. I think they're fantastic!

Record Strada and Pave which ran from 1984 - 1986 ish are lovely, but pretty expensive to buy if you can find them these days.

I've got 3 pairs of NOS rims that I may be selling soon: 32 hole Sigma Stradas, 32 hole Sigma Cronos and 36 hole Delta Stradas. I just need to work out if I need to work out which rims to put on ANC Halfords (ish) Peugeot 753..

There has been a pair of Record rims for sale recently - perhaps Ebay.. I seem to recall an asking price of £230 for the pair (might be wrong, but it was something of that order). Hilary Stone has a used pair:

http://hilarystone.com/rimssprint.html

Paul
Devizes, WIltshire

I've also been looking for Record rims for quite a while. Scored these on eBay in November on a punt:

These were listed as 'Vintage Campagnolo Wheels'

They turned out to be Record Strada rims on C Record hubs with Vittoria CX/CG Squadre Prof tubulars. :shock: . They are in very good shape too!

No skewers sadly :facepalm: However for £58+ p&p I'll live with that :cool: . I've got the skewers now :D

HW

Attachments

• record wheels.png
    record wheels.png
    19 KB · Views: 645
Re: Re:

Montello":38slk0vj said:
rusty bodie":38slk0vj said:
The Sigma range, I think came out slightly later, the first time I can remember seeing them in the pro peloton must have been 1990

The Sigma and other models with Greek letter names came out in 87; prior to that was just Record and Victory.

Strangely the Victory Strada rims were lighter than the Record equivalent hence my question above; I would have expected Record to be lighter.

I'm really after some 32H Record Pave NOS rims... but I fear they will be hard to find.

I have a pair of virtually unused Pave. They came with a bike I acquired laced to C-record hubs but had been unridden. The problem was that the chrome spoke were routed so cut them out.

There is zero wear on the braking surfaces but I can't recall how many holes. I'll check them

JSH":3m9hqg0y said:
Montello":3m9hqg0y said:
rusty bodie":3m9hqg0y said:
The Sigma range, I think came out slightly later, the first time I can remember seeing them in the pro peloton must have been 1990

The Sigma and other models with Greek letter names came out in 87; prior to that was just Record and Victory.

Strangely the Victory Strada rims were lighter than the Record equivalent hence my question above; I would have expected Record to be lighter.

I'm really after some 32H Record Pave NOS rims... but I fear they will be hard to find.

I have a pair of virtually unused Pave. They came with a bike I acquired laced to C-record hubs but had been unridden. The problem was that the chrome spoke were routed so cut them out.

There is zero wear on the braking surfaces but I can't recall how many holes. I'll check them

Let me know, after checking it is actually 36h I'm after.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rusty bodie":1cquiyxw said:
Record Crono - those were the Delgado jobs . .

I have a set of those ... I also know where I can get a set NoS for a mear £285 ...

But I'm looking for some black (Hardox) ones ...

Back