Calling All Orange C16R Owners

Re:

Those look the part. Never actually used foam grips myself – always gone for rubber. Used to have Onza Porcs but they're so soft they'd wear out fast. Switched to some basic chunky Lizard Skins which are cheap and durable for everyday. Might try a pair of the foam grips one day...

The silver C16R is now back from Bob Jackson's re-sprayed in Wordperfect Blue metallic (stickers by Gil). The build starts tomorrow.

Attachments

• C16R.jpg
    C16R.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,063
severnthheathen":13woh0tg said:
The silver C16R is now back from Bob Jackson's re-sprayed in Wordperfect Blue metallic (stickers by Gil). The build starts tomorrow.

Nice colour, frame looking great. Look forward to seeing the build up.

The build has started - almost finished. Might omit the '95 bar ends. I've got some modern carbon stubbies that might look cool or might do without bar ends altogether. Help me make up my mind Please :)

Attachments

• C-16R build.jpg
    C-16R build.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 1,036
Re:

Looks good!

On longer rides - if a bike is a real rider ... I much prefer bar-ends, as then one has multiple hand/grip position choices (aesthetic aside, that is).

Re:

Blue C16r frame looking very classy with the silver decals and componentry Severnthheathen. You need proper old school bar ends – silver ones, not modern carbon ;) .

Re:

As has already been said, bar ends give you a choice of hand positions on a long day but more importantly for me I find I can climb better using them.

Nice looking build BTW.

Re:

Super looking that matey :cool:

Bar ends --> silver X-Lite no contest!

(Having said that, I always favour an all black finishing kit....stealthy..!

Appreciate your kind comments guys. Thanks. I'm pleased with the way the build has turned out. Mostly the original componentry - cleaned and given a bit of a sparkle. I might just forget about bar ends. I use them on a couple of single speed builds and a 1x9 build (helps with climbing), but perhaps not quite as useful when you've got a 22T granny. At the moment the C-16R has quite a racy look, especially with the CX Pros. I think bar ends just might spoil the "line".

Orange C16 R

Are these 1 1/8 headset. I have a chance of getting one, but would want to put suspension forks on .

Back