Buying a TV- Curry's electrical

An internet tv is a proper device for watching, er, internet tv? Not encountered any worse performance yet over a 3g phone, desktop pc, decent laptop or a couple of cheapy tablets. The tv I just bought interface is just as quick as my sky box so far.

I love the NFC function too. Am gonna play with that and some devices to see what goes with what

shopped at curries once for a t.v. system.When we had a problem and phoned up I had to give the sales assistant a dressing down for talking over the top of me.made no difference as he was not bothered one way or the other and carried on.Cant say I have ever had to deal with such total ignorance before or since from any shop.That branch has now closed down and rightly too. It is a company that I would not deal with again

I bought a digibox in the Summer from Currys in Farnborough and got shirty when they insisted on my name and address so they could pass it on to the TV Licensing police.

I gave my name as Sebastian James (CEO Of Currys) and then gave the address of their HQ in Hemel Hempstead.

I left with a big fat, smirky, smug grin on my face thinking of the CEO getting a demand for his TV licence.

Small things bring a smugness to my chubby cheeks.

Tell them to piss off and tell then you have a license and if they want it to be checked before you pay for the box. Tell them its their responsibility to make an appointment with your office and youre time is expensive so also ask for the billing address

To be fair I don't think that's a Currys thing. It seems anywhere, any time you buy a device that enables you to watch the telly box they have to ask for your address to pass on to the licence people.

Why is it when you buy anything electrical these days, the shop assistant will ask if you want extended cover on it.
Its like saying "this product will break within 2 years"
Doesn't fill me with confidence.

videojetman":qnrt4m0y said:
Why is it when you buy anything electrical these days, the shop assistant will ask if you want extended cover on it.

It's nothing to do with the product or assumptions of it's reliability, it's about what has good margins and how much they can make off you.

videojetman":3oe56lou said:

LOL. Avoid Samsung in that case.

I have a SONY, love it. Parents have just bought a SONY this week, 32" smart jobbie, I set it up & am quite impressed, though I gather the Samsung has the better apps/services sewn up until the licensing runs out.

Back