bunch of frames [ebay.co.uk]

Looks identical to my '92 Pantera with U-brake (and red paint taken off). I guess serial number would nail it.

Sorry to those of you watching this possible Zaskar on eBay, but I'm also circling like a vulture.

Been watching it for the past 4 days only 1 bid so far at 99p. Going to need a lot of work that one :)

Just slapped a cheeky bid in

Is it me, or does the arm on that Rudge chainset look bent?
Not looking forward to getting the cotters off my Raleigh when it gets resprayed, but I'll need a replacement.

jlk":124nnojl said:
I'd say it was a zaskar too flat gt badge on the rear is unique to the zaskar.

Sorry, wrong....the 1992 Pantera was the only other GT hardtail with a flat cap and was made in silvery or red with a Suntour mid level spec.

Quote from the seller: "It is very indistinct but looks like 3283H which I take to be the frame number". If it's got an H it was built by Taiwan Hodaka and is a Pantera frame. I have a 92 Pantera frame in silver that starts with an H serial number. Also a Zaskar wouldn't have had paint to match stem and fork as this one does. Frame would have been ball burnished with a black stem and fork. Also the 92 Zaskar fork would have been a 3D fork and this one is not. It's got to be a Pantera. Although that fork has chisel cut ends and mine has a first generation Bologna Lite but mine was late 92 production also. 1992 catalog shot of the Pantera in red and the option color silver.

Attachments

• DSC09965.JPG
    DSC09965.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 419
  • GT 92er page6.2.jpg
    GT 92er page6.2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 419
Gadro":33vinm2u said:
Sorry to those of you watching this possible Zaskar on eBay, but I'm also circling like a vulture.

Been watching it for the past 4 days only 1 bid so far at 99p. Going to need a lot of work that one :)

Just slapped a cheeky bid in

Judging by the response to the question asked, i'm not sure it's a Zaskar. The only numbers stamped on the dropouts should be '6061', the frame size in two digits (eg 18 ) and the serial number in the format 'MMYYNNNN'. The presence of the letter H usually denotes the factory for far eastern built frames, which I guess makes this a Pantera?

EDIT: D'oh should read all replies before I post (see above)! :LOL:

Either way, £15 for a frame fork stem package is good money.

Bit of TLC (either polish or paint) and she'd be a good one ;)

Tis the way of the retrobiker! :LOL:

Anybody get it?

I dropped out at £5.47

Gonna need a lot of work that ! Ouch my arms aching just thinking about it :)

Back