Bryan Warnett track bike info

Yep, gees that certainly looks like you have. Would you consider returning this to me? At my cost of course. I made a decision 14Years ago to give these away in supporting youngsters who had nothing only to be quite miffed when I saw some of my goodwill being chased and acquired for commerciality. I would restore this perfectly and post the progress of this for viewing.

Re:

This has all the makings of a great documentary.
If only I was living close by.
Jon
(Bryan's nephew)
(see earlier post)

I'd happily advise billy on how to pack it for international postage, it'd be great to see a bike return to it's original rider.

Re:

What a fascinating and informative thread. Thanks to all the contributors.

The road frame needs to get back to WelshKiwi asap so the restoration can begin. I can't wait!

Steve

Overnight, been giving some further thought to this and how it can become an interesting thread for Retrobike followers etc... Living in NZ now, I've returned to racing some 30-years after retiring and long to race one day back in my homeland. So, what more fitting a tribute than, recover my road-bike, restore it to an exceptionally high standard, return to Wales with it and ride the 190-mile classic sportive 'Wales in a day' from top to bottom, in memory of my father who passed away just a few months ago. Paying respect to my father, my country, my sport and the stunning road-bike that this once was and can be again. Just a thought guys .... What do you think?

Sounds like the basis of a great story. If we can source cash through sponsorship, crowd-funding or sports-councils, then I would be keen to make a documentary film for expenses only.
Does anyone here have any thoughts?
I would also like my uncle Bryan to be part of the story, although I'm not even sure of his state of health now. What a great tribute to him, if we could do this while he's still around.
WelshKiwi, let's Skype.

jonmoore":2ief4589 said:
Sounds like the basis of a great story. If we can source cash through sponsorship, crowd-funding or sports-councils, then I would be keen to make a documentary film for expenses only.
Does anyone here have any thoughts?
I would also like my uncle Bryan to be part of the story, although I'm not even sure of his state of health now. What a great tribute to him, if we could do this while he's still around.
WelshKiwi, let's Skype.

Jon, sure. Gotta bit of training to do right now but will set a Skype account up over the weekend and PM you with the details. My mum still lives close-by and she is regularly in contact with some of the 'older' crew in the Cardiff bike scene, I'll ask her to enquire about Bryan and possibly pop down and see him. Failing that I'm usually back each year so could do it myself. Either way, if this baby is to be restored to it's true glory I'm going to need access to Bryan's stash of transfers anyway, the name ones can be replicated with ease but its the 'head' badge that may prove challenging so better if I get someone to go and speak to Bryan directly. I hope that this comes 'home' to me and that it is enabled to be restored and reunited, it would make for a fitting tribute. Catch ya soon, sun is shinning, the hills are calling and there's pedal's to turn ....

G (Welshkiwi)

Latest posts

Back