Brodie Catalyst

mfh126":3nsruj7o said:
I don't think you can call that "done" quite yet -- you're still missing a few parts. :LOL: ;)

You mean you can't ride them like this? No WONDER the neighbors look at me funny when I run up and down the street with a bare frame between my legs! :LOL:

mfh126":3nsruj7o said:
The frame looks great -- nice work. I wish I was that skilled with paint! :)

All it takes is patience. Modern spray paints are capable of remarkable things. This frame looked like hell when I got it and now I have a paint job that folks would never guess was a backyard job. If you want to paint a bike yourself, just take your time and do it right and you'll be amazed what you can do. :D

Now...more importantly... Anyone know if a Catalyst takes a 26.8 or a 27.0 post? :LOL: :LOL:

canuckinboston":2rismkvv said:
27.2 buddy.

Great looking paint job!

Cheers! :D

I was afraid of that. My 27.2 is pretty tight. I guess I'll run the ream down in there and make sure it's as clean as possible. I hate the reaming tool. :cry:

MudHungry":p38ciysk said:
So, what paint type / brand did you use for priming and final coats? Looks amazing!

I missed this question...sorry! :oops:

I used Rust-oleum automotive sandable primer and automotive gloss paint. All rattle cans. Sand after the primer and wipe with denatured alcohol before you paint. Light sanding between paint coats. 3M liquid rubbing compound to slean it up to a high shine after. :D

Wheel building marathon benefits were also bestowed on the Brodie. Mavic 222 slate blue rims with Deore DX hubs, converted to run 8 speed. I also swapped out the Syncros stem for the RM stem shown here. That Syncros is so large I can only use it on the white EWR. Too bad too, I thought I'd found a home for it with this frame. :oops:

Had to glue up an SDG for this build also. I want to ride this in the dirt, and that meant a used SDG and not a new SDG. A little Contact Cement and we're sorted! I must lower the tail of that saddle before I ride.

And again, I gotta paint tha table!

Progress! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_6141.JPG
    IMG_6141.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 1,834
  • IMG_6139.JPG
    IMG_6139.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,834
  • IMG_6138.JPG
    IMG_6138.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,834