British Steel

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":3u11d9gc said:
I have also updated my old photobucket images.... would be nice if the others do so too for reference

RBG

I've just been through all my posts and updated many of them. I'll get back to the rest later, with the exception of one picture, as I don't remember what bike it was that I posted.

While I'm here, the next project is underway.

MDSC_0058.JPG

Really similar design to my old Bromwich, which had a chainstay u-brake. Totally worth the effort required to remove that post, and possibly repaint? Classic fade of the era :cool:

Excellent to see another Bromwich coming out of the woodwork, and nice fade too! My own Bromwich/Evans currently getting a respray and some work as it was rather 'well used'

RBG how many handlebars do you have there??

narcotitlan":2yg236na said:
RBG how many handlebars do you have there??

Hahaha, I left my job of 27 years and ended up in a little bike shop, we pick up some old turds but occasionally a gem turns up. The bars are in the shop and we have a few but the frame is now in my shed for some tlc at a later date and yes.. seatpost hell ahoy.

Great find Lee. Can't wait to see the restoration :D

Attachments

• IMG_3375 (2)vcjhcv.JPG
    IMG_3375 (2)vcjhcv.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 917
  • india41.jpeg
    india41.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 917
Si_33":3fpwffct said:
Great find Lee. Can't wait to see the restoration :D

Total luck find Simon, gonna be a slog to get the fame sorted especially that seatpost never mind thinking the rack bosses may need drilling and tapping, other than that the paint seems to be in reasonable nic....little patina but original

Frame number 71189, im thinking November 1989?

IMG_20171001_173534.jpg

IMG_20171001_173655.jpg

One of the best threads on here, im happy to be able to add to it... P1011174 (Medium).JPG P1011166 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back