Attachments

• B5140656-A367-472C-A982-2D0CC69D2074.jpeg
    B5140656-A367-472C-A982-2D0CC69D2074.jpeg
    467.8 KB · Views: 391
  • 05C6F05E-2064-48B1-B1CC-88C4A3C75EFD.jpeg
    05C6F05E-2064-48B1-B1CC-88C4A3C75EFD.jpeg
    421.8 KB · Views: 391
All in all I’m pleased with it.

It’s very low geared, so have been using it with the kids for little loop around the lanes and bridleways around here. It’s good!

Got all the original parts still so can get it back to original without too much drama if I ever have a Eroica itch!

Re:

I like it and 453 has rarity value and is rumoured to have some titanium in its mix, though not enough to make it light; not with a single butted main triangle of 0.8/1.0 mm (from what I have read).

Is that a flat white/ivory or a metallic?

That looks great - the colour scheme's really good, with the white decals over off white paint. I wish my dad bike looked like that! BE had that brief period of independence where they were based in Wales didn't they? Is that from back then, or after they were bought out by Falcon?

Cheers Gents, yeah is a flattish off white, slight touch of Pearl about it which lifts it. This ones very similar to my original one in that the paint has chipped away around the cross bar/down tube/rear stays lug.

There were additional harlequin decals on the down tube that match those on the forks but such was there condition I’ve peeled them off - think it looks classier too

Built like this it’s reasonably light and rides nicely.

Yes this is a Welsh one. No doubt the full story is documented somewhere but the gist was, I think, some former Coventry Eagle dudes set up shop in Wales and behold, BE was born.

They produced some pretty nice bikes over the years - up until Aluminium took over and they produced that blood horrendous BOSS MTB!

Came out really nice .... but what about the missing Wonder light brackets as seen in your opening shot

Re:

I'm restoring a Touristique in that same pearl ivory colour and have a BE Crusader in 531cs from the same period (86-8:cool:. The paint on both is very thin which reveals the crisp lugwork nicely but which does not last well. Yours is in surprisingly good condition paint wise so look after it - you probably won't see another one like that..

Retro Spud":22uhs84b said:
Came out really nice .... but what about the missing Wonder light brackets as seen in your opening shot

Long gone. We need someone to get a set and then refurbished them with modern LEDs or something. Peachy could do it I’m sure!

Back