British Eagle Pro-Carbon project

Slowly getting there...

I have some new grips, chain and pedals on the way and I've also got some replica decals to go on which are spot on to the original.

21OBiUw.jpg

Re:

Well here's the finished result, this has actually been my first build on a bare frame so it was a bit of a learning curve for some parts and this frame did have some quirks to it.

Parts fitted are:

Full XT M739
Ritchey Stem and bar
Ritchey Seat post
Ritchey titanium skewers
Ritchey rims
Panaracer classic Dart/Smoke

Surprisingly it comes in at a whopping 23-24lbs.

WofL3pT.jpg

XNjazS0.jpg

T96NcBG.jpg

Teb11zc.jpg

7j7bDu7.jpg

Thanks, appears I have made a mistake by getting the tyres the wrong way round (front/back) so that will need sorting.

Re:

Hi there. Sorry I lost touch with your thread but pleased to see you got the frame. It is a thing of beauty !

Interestingly the tubes look like they may be oversize rather than standard tubes. Which as the cables run on top of the top tube suggests that may not be an accurate way to differentiate. As you now have a set of calipers, let me know the tube diameter.

Moto

very nice - understated, but it works really well! Early carbon frames aren't as light as you'd expect :LOL:

Re: Re:

Moto":3bgm94vg said:
Hi there. Sorry I lost touch with your thread but pleased to see you got the frame. It is a thing of beauty !

Interestingly the tubes look like they may be oversize rather than standard tubes. Which as the cables run on top of the top tube suggests that may not be an accurate way to differentiate. As you now have a set of calipers, let me know the tube diameter.

Moto

So I just had a quick measure of the bike and the tubes are as follows (or near enough):

Top tube: 34mm
Down tube: 37.2
Seat tube: 33.6

How does that compare?

Back