Wanted Bristol Avenger MTB 59cm

Mememe

Retro Newbie
Hi guys, i am new to this forum. I built a custom Bristol Avenger MTB 59cm back in 1990.
I have ridden more miles with that bike than driven my cars, i have restored many classic cars in my time.

But now i want my bike with NOS which i got many components from 1987-1990 with the oldest being 1960-1970.

The problem is i recently re-dipped the frame and forks in chrome, but the guy did a terrible job and now its been sanded down so much it's lost it's welding marks and it's ripple (wonky reflections).

This happens when people/businesses say they know what they are doing when they know jack.

That's a bit about me, i forgot to say something when i first posted, apologies for that. also I'm not sure if i should or can post pictures of the before and after and the NOS i got for it.

I can recover this myself but it's going to be costly, i have the skill set to achieve this. But i need to stop before i start flogging a dead horse.

So Does anyone have a Bristol Avenger MTB 59cm, or know anyone who has one to sell?...

Last edited:
I have a 18 speed , Bristol Avenger MTB in excellent condition,new tires pristeen condition...Contact if interested..
I am located in Florida...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Hi , I am not a bike expert , so I do not know the size of the frame...I do know the tires are 26" x 1.75" if that
helps you any...I am open for a reasonable offer...I would suggest if you can come and inspect this bike...
I am sure you won't be disappointed...The bike rides perfectly!Except for a few paint chips here and there...
Check out the pics I posted....let me know....Thanks again

Hi , I am not a bike expert , so I do not know the size of the frame...I do know the tires are 26" x 1.75" if that
helps you any...I am open for a reasonable offer...I would suggest if you can come and inspect this bike...
I am sure you won't be disappointed...The bike rides perfectly!Except for a few paint chips here and there...
Check out the pics I posted....let me know....Thanks again
Hi, This is what needs to be measured the arrows show the centre points (from - to) in the picture , this is important and is easy to measure. Hope it helps you out, also you can list the result in inches or centimetres... Thanks

Attachments

• roadbike-size.jpg
    roadbike-size.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 3
I have a 18 speed , Bristol Avenger MTB in excellent condition,new tires pristeen condition...Contact if interested..
Hi. Op, just so you are aware, there have been a number of situations with brand new accounts responding to wanted ads saying they have just what you are looking for, bit turn out to be fraudulent.

In not saying this is happening here, but the person responding to your request registered their account yesterday so I'd proceed with caution.

In reply to slackboy ...I registered yesterday because I was searching on the internet about my Bristol Avenger MTB...
I saw Mememe post about wanting a Bristol Avenger MTB , so I replied to his post....

I own this Bristol Avenger MTB and would like to sell it...I know it has value and woud like to sell for a fair price...
That's it, I understand ...Sorry , I am real and everything I've said is the truth...

I reply Mememe
I have measured what your picture pointed out and it looks like either 22" or 23" inches depending on where on the sprocket and post nut ,I am suppose to measure too/from...Like I said , I am in Florida and you are welcome to come and inspect the bike before purchase..

At some point , I will list the bike on craigslist....
If your looking for a bike like this , I doubt you'll find a better one!
Thanks again

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 9a.JPG
    9a.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi. Op, just so you are aware, there have been a number of situations with brand new accounts responding to wanted ads saying they have just what you are looking for, bit turn out to be fraudulent.

In not saying this is happening here, but the person responding to your request registered their account yesterday so I'd proceed with caution.
Thanks for the heads up, i looked at that registration time and date before i responded. I know scams are nearly everywhere nowadays but if like you say caution is the best call, i agree with that. ps thanks for looking out you are are good guy...

Hi Gezzer,
In reply to slackboy ...I registered yesterday because I was searching on the internet about my Bristol Avenger MTB...
I saw Mememe post about wanting a Bristol Avenger MTB , so I replied to his post....

I own this Bristol Avenger MTB and would like to sell it...I know it has value and woud like to sell for a fair price...
That's it, I understand ...Sorry , I am real and everything I've said is the truth...

I reply Mememe
I have measured what your picture pointed out and it looks like either 22" or 23" inches depending on where on the sprocket and post nut ,I am suppose to measure too/from...Like I said , I am in Florida and you are welcome to come and inspect the bike before purchase..

Thanks again

I reply Mememe

Thanks again
Hi bmhandle, Don't worry about 'caution advise' it's not about the buyer it's also about selling to unsavoury character which you need to tread with caution as well also a newbie will always have there first sale and that's to be expected. That said, you will find Jack about that Bristol Avenger. It's like it doesn't exist i live in the UK London and i am very pleased you got one that's makes me happy especially in that incredible condition, unfortunately the frame is to small and i am 6 foot 4 inches. I already stablish the frame size by your tyre size and your water bottle frame, the measurements are standard so the gap on your chain ring to the tyre is to small and the gap of your top bar to your down tube is to small in relation to your head tube. I got my Bristol Avenger in 1990 when i was 29 years old, now i have started a restomod with it, i have all the NOS components to complete it. Call me greedy but i just want another one but it has to be 59cm which is the largest one. This the Bristol Avenger frame i am working on, should be finished soon... Pictures attached... The first is back in 1990 when it was dipped in aircraft chrome at British Airways in 1990, the second and third is what happend when i left it in storage next to a acid container that was leaking found out in 2019 and was totally pissed with myself. The forth, fifth and sixth pic is it now re-dipped in chrome and getting it ready for some sexy NOS from 1987-1990... Hope you understand i love my bike and love cycling, have built many cars and still i have ridden more miles on my bike than driven my cars... Enjoy..

Attachments

• 11059903_1120118841349511_1008844498987537978_n.jpg
    11059903_1120118841349511_1008844498987537978_n.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 13
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-08-08 at 5.15.07 PM (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-08 at 5.15.07 PM (2).jpeg
    551.3 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-08-08 at 5.15.07 PM (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-08 at 5.15.07 PM (3).jpeg
    497.8 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-11-27 at 17.10.37 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-27 at 17.10.37 (1).jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-11-27 at 17.10.38.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-27 at 17.10.38.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-11-27 at 17.10.39.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-11-27 at 17.10.39.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 14
Thanks for the heads up, i looked at that registration time and date before i responded. I know scams are nearly everywhere nowadays but if like you say caution is the best call, i agree with that. ps thanks for looking out you are are good guy...

Hi Gezzer,

Hi bmhandle, Don't worry about 'caution advise' it's not about the buyer it's also about selling to unsavoury character which you need to tread with caution as well also a newbie will always have there first sale and that's to be expected. That said, you will find Jack about that Bristol Avenger. It's like it doesn't exist i live in the UK London and i am very pleased you got one that's makes me happy especially in that incredible condition, unfortunately the frame is to small and i am 6 foot 4 inches. I already stablish the frame size by your tyre size and your water bottle frame, the measurements are standard so the gap on your chain ring to the tyre is to small and the gap of your top bar to your down tube is to small in relation to your head tube. I got my Bristol Avenger in 1990 when i was 29 years old, now i have started a restomod with it, i have all the NOS components to complete it. Call me greedy but i just want another one but it has to be 59cm which is the largest one. This the Bristol Avenger frame i am working on, should be finished soon... Pictures attached... The first is back in 1990 when it was dipped in aircraft chrome at British Airways in 1990, the second and third is what happend when i left it in storage next to a acid container that was leaking found out in 2019 and was totally pissed with myself. The forth, fifth and sixth pic is it now re-dipped in chrome and getting it ready for some sexy NOS from 1987-1990... Hope you understand i love my bike and love cycling, have built many cars and still i have ridden more miles on my bike than driven my cars... Enjoy..

Excuse my spelling and grammar did not read it before i posted it, also i was 19 years old in 1990 not 29 years old silly me...lol..

Hi Mememe ...Thanks for your reply's....We would have had issues selling anyway , We don't know each other
and shipping to London would have been an issue , as I would not have sold to you without full payment including
probably outrageous shipping costs and I would not advise anyone to send full payment and "hope" they get
what they paid for...
I only found this site because I was doing research on my Bristol and did not find much info , even on the web...
I did find a few sites and was directed to this site, which made sense....Once online here , I actually could not believe
someone was looking for a bike like I have....That's why I said come and see the bike , I'm in Florida....

Lastly , good luck in your search....I hope you find something local...I will post my Bristol locally and hope
someone knows/understands what a real pristine Bristol Avenger MTB actually is....Thanks again

Back