Bring the Funk! -- UPDATES p. 4

One of my all time fave's and a definite must have for me, for the future too.

I remember seeing one in Fluro Green, back in 91 and I was bloddy smitten back then..... Still looks stunning now, and them forks are just mmm, mmmm schweeet as.. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Chair pulled up, do it proud. :LOL:

Re: Bring the Funk!

mfh126":qm9qv74u said:
Well she's here -- '91 or '92 Funk Pro Comp. Back in her home country, fresh off the boat from Japan. I snagged it on Ebay about a week ago. It's in fantastic condition. A few paint chips, but that's about it. The color is truly stunning in person -- pictures don't do it justice, especially the magenta.

I'm not sure how I'm going to build it up yet. I'm thinking Suntour XC Pro for the shifters, levers, and derailleurs, but everything else is up in the air at the moment. Any suggestions?

Oh, and much thanks to felixdelrio for his Funk knowledge. He's been a big help so far.

Mike, Suntour XC Pro was my first choice. BTW ... I have noticed that the FD pulley on your bike is at the back of the seattube. Mine has the pulley at the driveside of the seattube. Very interesting ...

I'm loving everyone's enthusiasm...and really feeling the pressure to pull off a spectacular build. Don't worry, I'll make sure I do it right. :D

felixdelrio":89032hto said:
Mike, Suntour XC Pro was my first choice. BTW ... I have noticed that the FD pulley on your bike is at the back of the seattube. Mine has the pulley at the driveside of the seattube. Very interesting ...
It's interesting how many differences we've found between our Funks so far: seatpost size, pulley location, possible bb width (I still need to measure). I wonder why the variation?

mfh126":2uqu7vlt said:
... I wonder why the variation?

I'd guess it's just because they were 'custom made' and the design was adapted on the fly... because they could!

Headset selection will be an interesting one for you. If you're going for a Suntour build get a King. If you're going Shimano, get an M902 XTR. I've got the latter in mine. Picked it up for a song but they're over $US100 now! :shock:

Good reasoning for the variation.

@Lid: Do you know what years each one was from? The one with the integrated seatpost binder resembles mine.

Latest posts

Back