Bring the Funk! -- UPDATES p. 4

all of the above!......very nice.......i bet the moment that slid from its wrapping was one to savour!!!.......i would avoid too much ano so as to keep attention on that stunning colour scheme......

Thanks for all the feedback! I need to finish a couple of builds before I tackle this one, but I'll keep everyone updated on the progress.

Lid":3uyu37i4 said:
Oh yea, keep em comming. CU's of the wacky rear der stops, bottom pull front der pulley. What seatpost size? I have come across differing info on this.
I'll get some close ups this weekend. Front derailleur pulley is standard -- I have one on my EWR and they look identical except for color. I'll get some pics of it anyway. Funny you mention seatpost size -- that was an issue for me because the seller advertised it as taking a 27.2. Nope. felixdelrio told me 27.0 (that's what his takes). Nope. Mine takes a 26.8. Not sure why there's a difference? :roll:

kaiser":3uyu37i4 said:
]Nice set of graftons to compliment those dropouts would be nice. Reckon you need a nice CNC'd crank as well to match the beefy tubes.
I'm thinking the same, plus some Ringle holey skewers to boot. :)

jonnyboy666":3uyu37i4 said:
looking forward to seeing this progress! are you going for a subtle build bearing in mind the bright paint or a super bling ano build?!
I'm leaning towards subtlety (black and silver) to let the frame speak for itself, but who knows. I usually change my mind at least three times before I finish a build. :)

jonrock":3uyu37i4 said:
Thats sweet but wheres the stem!!
Good observation! It's still wrapped up at the moment. I'll get some additional photos up this weekend.

hell fire thats sweet
hairs on the back of my neck standing up when i first saw the pics

build it with full stx rc ,i dare you

Absolutely lovely.... I'd put a bid on this but in the end was quite glad it kept going higher. I wouldn't have done it justice.

When I got my Mountain Goat in 92, I had the choice of the goat or a pink E-Stay Funk and at the time chose the Goat :).

Will be watching with great interest when you do build it up.

Cheers :).

You lucky man :D I managed to get a chance to ride one in 1990 when they first came out (I think) when I worked in a bike shop & absolutely loved it & even liked the bright pink colour of the E stay frame :D Just hope one day i'm luckily enough to own one :roll:

I'm a tad jealous cause that looks amazing. Gorgeous frame and fork, do it proud. I'll definately be watching this develop :cool:

I was tempted to go for this myself :) I think I posted it in the 'ebay' section ;) Glad to see that it won't disappear :D

I'm sure it'll look great :cool:

Cheers

Back