Breezer Stem Query

Carge

Retrobike Rider
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Looking for a little advice on a Breezer stem.....

It has a lovely bit of cable routing - but is it likely to have an internal tube to guide a new brake cable through - or do I leave it well alone as I'll never get a new cable through there?

It looks like it does - I'd just like the benefit of some Breezer expertise, please :)

Thanks in advance 👍

IMG_4414.jpg

No expertise but I'd give it a go because if it was a hassle to route a new cable through I'd bin it as obsolete tech

Had same issue with old Kona stem. I put a piece cable liner through first, easy to thread the cable through that then, you can then pull the sleeve out if you want, I left it in mine, same length as the internal hole so you cant see it anyway but makes the cable run smoother in my opinion.

Thank you @mk one - I will give that a go.

@Imlach - curious - the whole reason for being here is that of course there's better kit than what we spend our time ferreting about for - but this "obsolete tech" is the whole bloomin' reason we are on this forum?!?!?

Thank you @mk one - I will give that a go.

@Imlach - curious - the whole reason for being here is that of course there's better kit than what we spend our time ferreting about for - but this "obsolete tech" is the whole bloomin' reason we are on this forum?!?!?
It was a joke my friend

Anyhoo....... 🤪

They're easy to put a cable through, slung one on my hinde and used a bit of sleeve as said above.

Back