Breakfast of champions.?..

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
As Carstairs slaves somewhere in the bowls of the manor, preparing platters laden with breakfast items for the sideboard, I await; casually sipping tea and reading an ironed early edition of the Times.

However, a recent article has made me question my normal choice of bacon and eggs with black pudding! Seems this is not wholly good for you!

So im wondering when faced with a hard day of cycling and other country pursuits (shooting, gin, beating servants) what's your breakfast of choice? and, do you find your riding effected if you eat big / small, before / after?

Must dash, the baize door opens....yummy.

Last edited:
I tend to eat small but twice. Once when i first get up, then ride, then eat again when i get back.

I've found riding on a full stomach not great, especially if I'm cranked over on a retrobike!

However, if i eat nothing, i also feel a bit lack lustre too.

Normally its muesli and fruit....then banana and yogurt.

Mixed fruit - berries mainly. blackcurrants, redcurrants, blackberries & raspberries.
Greek yoghurt
Granola - nutty, low sugar
Raw Hazelnuts and Pecan nuts on top.

I have this every morning. I try and leave at least an hour before jumping on the bike, or I can end up feeling sick.

This has been breakfast for so long now I can't face anything else. I used to love a full English. Now I find it exhausting to eat.

Have to eat or have no energy.

That sounds very much like my breakfast.....in fact, just like the bowl I've just eaten!

Except mine was strawberry and blueberry today....

Depends if it’s a work day or not. Work is a cup of Yerba, an Eat natural bar then a couple of coffees.

If I’m out for an early ride I don’t eat at all it doesn’t agree with me.

Non work day could be anything at all!

Sure I read somewhere Tommy Simpsons food of choice on the bike was cold cooked sausages.

the above is only for ride days. for commuting to work it's nothing, straight out the door, not even a drink, just get to work.

Back