brake boosters

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
As we all know boosters have been out for a fair while and we've all used them and seen whats on offer
I had a pair Paul components in red but stupidly sold them

I thought id seen every style.And then this turned up
Anyone know anything about Lizard skins? other than their neoprene stuff :?

Attachments

• a 016 (Large).jpg
    a 016 (Large).jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 2,182
Had some of their V brakes about 10 years ago, you pre tensioned the springs before tightening up the bolt (they didn't use the pin holes) but I could never get them balanced and they always used to creep back to having no spring tension no matter how hard I tightened them up.

sic_nick":ynf5l1ex said:
Had some of their V brakes about 10 years ago, you pre tensioned the springs before tightening up the bolt (they didn't use the pin holes) but I could never get them balanced and they always used to creep back to having no spring tension no matter how hard I tightened them up.

Any pics? :D

dyna-ti":rhwdc727 said:
sic_nick":rhwdc727 said:

Any pics? :D

They might have gone on a bike that I sold to a mate and still be on it, I will try and take a pic next chance I'm over that way.

FluffyChicken":3cijr5js said:
That the one off ebay £3.25 all in ?

If it's Lizard skins, it could be Acor made and a cheap one.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... f15863866c ?

It isnt no,i got it from Big Al's wheelcraft
If was on a customers bike in getting discs fitted.It was spare so i thought id have it :D
Im not sure about the Acor link :? ,not saying they didnt make one called lizard skins but if thats indeed the case it would have the acor logo and not the lizard skins logo :?
It does just say lizard ,no skins bit,though ive no idea if the acor one included this or if it said skins as wellAnd what has Acor got to do with the compaany L/skins
Acor are indeed known for things like this whereas Lizard skins themselves seem to only make protection products.Fork,shock boots etc
So why their logo??? thats the tricky bit here :LOL:
A bit confusing and without pics on the other thread or a link the the Ebay sale
Wouldnt happen to have a link there Fluffy?.I had a fair old search but that was the only reference i could find as well :?

The lack of catalogs and sales brochures is a nightmare for this kind of stuff

Acor as they were hanging in their Acor packaging next to other Acor products on the Acor wall.

I do use them on my Rafty. Very stiff booster. Also used them with a suspension fork. Immediately noticed increase in directness.

It's called re-branding or outsourcing. A big company makes them who can churn them out and the company just says put my logo on and/or build it like this.

Kalloy did it for almost every ones 'branded ' seatpost BitD Kona, Orange etc where Kalloy posts I have an example of each of the kona and orange ones.

Most bikes are this today.

A bit like Suntours lower end being Sugino made and Shimano outsourcing where needed.
Why so odd ?

The ebay add had nothing extra to help here.

I'd ask Elev21k seen as he says he had one, might not be the same one of course.

Back