Bottom Bracket question..

HI Have you double checked axle size, is it old style or newer theres a difference of 1.5mm on a double.
This might help.

Attachments

• cbb3a.jpg
    cbb3a.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 317
Re:

The bottom bracket is a Campag Nouvo Record Triple - specially made just for triple chainsets with a longer offset on the drive side.

I'm beginning to think its not worth the effort - even though I would really like it on the Holdsworth!

I have a Daniel Salmon which has a large indent on the chainstay specifically for a triple - so may fit it to that.

Re:

Yeah your Holdsworth is protesting. It says: "Are you 'shitting me? I am not wearing that!"

There is no point in bullying bikes or making them unhappy.. :)

Re:

torqueless -
Under normal circumstances I would totally agree! However, I feel a certain obligation as its for my '82 Holdsworth Nouvo Record - and I couldn't afford top end gear for it back then.

Besides my legs aren't getting any younger neither. :(

Re:

Well... this is probably bordering on heresy.. but my philosophy is: If I cannot get up a hill on 42x23 then I will walk it, with no shame. I cannot see the point of a gear that enables me to stay on a bike and propel it at walking speed, much the less if I had to take a hammer to my chainstay in order to fit it.

I couldn't stretch to much Campag. back then either. My '75 frame, bought secondhand in '84, is still wearing an SR Royal chainset I bought in about '78. The teeth on the 52 ring are still pretty fresh.. :? :)

Back then the clever money went on Sakae Royal, the chainsets had nice anodising and were straight as a die..... Don't get me on the Extra Super Light kit :)

Back