• wtb_rider’s 1992 Ibis SS

Votes: 12 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

I'm saying nothing.
Other than one month not so long ago , I voted for I hate rains Rocky Mountain and it won. Another month was Sebastians fantastic Merlin titanium.
Like Makster, til I joined this site I hadn't heard of a lot of these bike makes. Also as a roadie bitd my tastes aren't swayed by mbuk articles that are sometimes sited as informing opinions of some brands.
Other than saying that, im saying nothing.

Other than good morning ;)

Mike

I just wanted to add to this thread
I think botm is a great idea, enjoyed looking at it, but i can shed light on why some people may not vote:

Me, i know so little about other bikes especially retro ones, how would my voting criteria be fair?
Would i vote for nicest paint job (probably), or best condition, or oldest bike in good condition, or a very occasional bike id heard of?

I certainly wouldnt know what is a good build, or well respected bike, or what components they have. Wouldnt know which i would or wouldnt like to ride. Wouldnt know which rare bikes are difficult to maintain or refurbish to this level.

Id likely be saying "that looks nice" which would seem quite superficial and probably not very fair.

So great thread, enjoy it, but dont feel comfortable/qualified to vote. So please anyone taking part in this thread do not lose heart if the voting numbers are low, it doesnt mean the thread isnt appreciated.
:)
Alex

This thread should be titled essay of the month now, the winner of the longest essay wins, but only if you can stay awake long enough to finish reading the essay.
Looking forward to Decembers essays.
Oh and the bikes, I almost forgot about the bikes.

Re:

Ten bikes against a wall. Pick the one you'd like to ride. Simples

Other than that, I'm saying nothing.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back