BoTM May 2008 - GT Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vitorzip":3ko5es6o said:
Recent history proven that not always a replica win a BOTM.

I do agree with you in some aspects, but totally desagree in others. Isn´t an RTS a GT? Was it not the first full suspension bike GT ever made? I think an RTS is way more retro than an LTS or an STS. I have an LTS-DH, an STS-DH, a Lobo-DH but in my personal opinion, the only one that should enter in this competition is the RTS.

Ugly? I respect that, it´s your opinion. ;)

I do think that a Xizang or a Psyclone , with full M900 and a Mag 21 SL TI would be a probable winner, but only a few lucky guys have them, and they didn´t entered them yet. But does that mean you shouldn´t enter your Avalanche?

This seems an "every month discussion", and though is understandible, it also has nothing to do with the BOTM spirit. Doesn´t need to be bling and high end to be a proper old school... ;)

Cheers, mate!

I guess that you have a point in some respects... it doesn't need to be high-end to be proper "old school". It just has to be done right (i.e. no bar-ends on riser bars).

I think a proper BOTM entry needs to be an example of what was good during the time period that's being represented (even if it's "good for the price").

An RTS, while the first full-suspension for GT, is not (or shouldn't be) a representation of what was good during that time period. I've had to warranty, repair and throw away way too many of these. LTS's, STS's and Lobo's, while not as "retro" at least represent some of (arguably) the best of the time period.

As for ugly... we all know it when we see it. Sometimes it's subtle, like the wrong angle of a saddle on a post or brake levers that are level with the ground. Sometimes it's not so subtle, like a high-rise handlebar with a cross-brace mated with a colorful stem and grip (that don't match and contrast even more with the saddle and the powder-coated crankset)

I think that some things are universal and shouldn't be left up to a matter of opinion. Someone needs to put together a list of things that are not acceptable.

wickedwheels":y2z7fqvt said:
I think that some things are universal and shouldn't be left up to a matter of opinion. Someone needs to put together a list of things that are not acceptable.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

wickedwheels":1uaubqr7 said:

Wow, that's alarmingly close to a justification of Fascism :LOL:

Tallpaul":nzq43f60 said:
wickedwheels":nzq43f60 said:

Wow, that's alarmingly close to a justification of Fascism :LOL:

aka current labour government

HERES MY ZASKAR - IS IT WORTH A VOTE?

Its my pride and joy :cry:

Check out the angles, they actually look good... Zaskar should be trials all the way, ask Hans Rey!

Fingers crossed...

Attachments

• small zaskar.jpg
    small zaskar.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,260
  • zaskar.jpg
    zaskar.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,260
Not finished but......

My GT Team RTS 1994 build in June 1993

main.php

;)