BoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr S":3jeymsq9 said:
Many are missing the point. BoTM should be about excellence. That doesn't mean mega bucks Yetis and Kleins, it's about passion. I'm just as impressed by the lengths someone goes to to restore and present a mid range bike- again may I reference WD Pro's Marin. An obsessive restoration of a Raleigh Mustang is just as likely to get my personal vote than a cheque book Klein resto. Part of that passion should be reflected in presentation too. Modern cameras are fantastic, hell even the camera in some phones are great. Just a little care and effort is all that is needed. You don't have to carry a shrink wrapped bike to the top of Snowdon to get a good photo, a well lit plain backdrop is as good as anything and can be found within 100 yds of the door! How hard is it?
Dragging something out of a hedge and taking a photo of it leant up against the bin isn't making any effort is it? Jesus, my four year old daughter has taken better photos!

Hear hear!!

I made this:
1839eecc.jpg

Look like this;
6940f48b.jpg

While its a pretty low end bike (it cost £40 30 mins before the top photo!) I got a few votes and was well chuffed. The bottom photo was taken with my phone - I made the effort to take it to a local park and find a nice background it would look ok against. I also had a build thread so people could see how much it meant to me and what I went through (on a low budget) to make it that nice.

If all I had done is hose it down, prop it up next to the bins (with the ground still wet - how often does that happen? :roll: ) then I wouldn't have gotten any votes. And none would be deserved either.

I like to see a bike that's been cared for, is appreciated by its owner and most of all, ridden. Price isnt a factor for me. If you tick the first two boxes, the least you can do is treat it to be shown off nicely.......

Anyway, you'll never win anyway because someone will always enter a Fat Chance. :roll: ;-)

I didn't intend to imply any criticism - merely to observe that the quoted post was eroneous.

If you're talking about mine, it would appear that the bike in question was not photographed by a professional photographer, so it doesn't seem be be all that er(r)oneous ;)

And to clarify an earlier posting, I appreciate that RobMac never suggested that anyone had actually hired a pro, that was someone else :)

Rob Atkin":a6xwj8yn said:
Anyway, you'll never win anyway because someone will always enter a Fat Chance. :roll: ;-)

At FAT hasn't won BOTM for 3 years, if I'm not mistaken.

If all I had done is hose it down, prop it up next to the bins (with the ground still wet - how often does that happen? )

On my pics the ground is wet... :oops: Mind you it had been raining!

Perhaps me needs to get some jamspangled piccies!

kaiser":170pf7pv said:
Rob Atkin":170pf7pv said:

ok so your all doing numbers and accounting's on the winners so the brothers can pinpoint the statistics? :roll:

kaiser":358tcgfs said:
yeti-man":358tcgfs said:
kaiser":358tcgfs said:
Rob Atkin":358tcgfs said:

ok so your all doing numbers and accounting's on the winners so the brothers can pinpoint the statistics? :roll:

Er no.... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/index.php/BoTM_Winners

two clicks and I was there :roll:

... so 9 (where of 2 the last 12 months) out of 82 are Yetys - like mine chances are... FAT Chance :roll:

... Chris help me out here...

yeti-man":3avlwaw6 said:
... so 9 (where of 2 the last 12 months) out of 82 are Yetys - like mine chances are... FAT Chance :roll:

... Chris help me out here...

Is Chris your psychiatrist, to help out with the paranoia attacks? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back