BoTM December 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
makster":coc253cg said:
Through repeatedly staring at your bike, are the bar ends fitted arse-about-face in the 2nd pic?
no! on both photos they are assembled wrong! I just wanted to test what suits me. :LOL:
I will soon introduce this unusual bike in a separate build thread. ;)

Cheers
nader

Looks like this month has been stuffed by bickering.

I think the only way forward is that the only posts allowed are the nominations.

maybe i picked the wrong month to post my bike pics given the awesome bikes in the running this month!
Just finished my 95 cindercone restoration after a year in progress. I appreciate its not original - i've gone for original frame, forks and headset, but wanted a vibrant colour scheme and proper '95 graphics (in a unique colour) to suit. The rest is a mix of modern and rare kit to get this resto-mod kona down to 22lb. After 20000 + miles together over the last 16 years, it deserved the time and effort putting in. Happy viewing
main.php

Still love these rigid bikes - they ride so well......this'll always be my favourite ride.

MikeD":3lli2vj0 said:
Is there any mileage in concurrent "nominations" and "discussions" threads? I think the discussions add something to BOTM but when they get protracted it does dilute the general bikey loveliness of it all :)

I've seen it work quite well on other forums for photos -- one thread is just photos, anything else gets deleted. If you want to comment, repost the photo in the comment thread and comment there. Obviously there's a bit of extra moderator overhead.

+1 great idea!!

I don't mind the bickering and bantering, it's all part of it I think. You enter a bike and you take the praise and hits as they come. What's wrong with that?
We all get one vote at the end of the day and if we don't like a bike we don't vote for it. The banter keeps it 'real' and we don't just have another list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back