Bontrager Race

Tis nice...very tempted. Do you think you can get those forks re-chromed. Easy to do on a motorbike but they're just one lump of stanchion.
:?:
What year do you think it is?

There was a thread on here the other day wondering why all the good bikes for sale are so small. This is evidence of just that point but its tinyness reduces the temptation so that is a result.

There was a thread on here the other day wondering why all the good bikes for sale are so small. This is evidence of just that point but its tinyness reduces the temptation so that is a result.

Um, its a 'Medium' isnt it? not exactly tiny!

Anthony":3n2b7fdo said:
The listing says "Very Good condition, No Dents or dings, Paint good", but what do we make of the gash in the LH chainstay (4th from last pic)? Looks like that's where the external butting ends, but why is the paint gone I wonder?
I think that's just a line of dirt along the edge of the gusset, assuming you mean here:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/n ... kes021.jpg

The end of the gusset isn't welded, and sometimes there can be poor paint penetration, but to me that looks like a line of the same sandy dirt you can see in the nooks and crannies around the bottom bracket shell.

one-eyed_jim":2hy7txov said:
I think that's just a line of dirt along the edge of the gusset, assuming you mean here:
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/n ... kes021.jpg
The end of the gusset isn't welded, and sometimes there can be poor paint penetration, but to me that looks like a line of the same sandy dirt you can see in the nooks and crannies around the bottom bracket shell.
Yes, that's just what the seller has told me Jacques, and I was reassured by his message. I would guess that the ends of the butts were left unwelded specifically to avoid causing the kind of stress-point problems that I was worried about.

This is just beautiful! The first Bonty i saw was this colour and similiar spec! If only this was a 21''! Would fit my girlfriend though and slip her into the Retrobike mold,Hmmm.Isn't this model a O.R. not a Race?
Thanx Max

Back