Bontrager Race Lite 17" - £325 including shipping SOLD

Yetidh9

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
For sale is my frinds, Heinz, Bontrager Race Lite 17" (see sizing below). It can sell as a frame, frameset or complete XT bike. Before you cry out fo pics: these will come later tonight!

Heinz is the original owner and has had the frame from around 1995. Sold in 1997 (original sales document is avaliable). The frame has history in terms of Danish mountainbiking. It won the first ever unofficial downhill race (platforms and Wellingtons style!) and have been ridden with power and style a number of places in europe over the years. XC and what we now know as all mountain ---- what we back then just know as mountainbiking! The last 5-7 years it has been haning in my warm garage where I have used many hous to inspect it over a espresso, grappa or ale. To sum it all up: A well taken care off frame with owne ower - but always raced.

The frame has a lot of scratches and places where paint has come of due to use. But it has NO dents (not even smaller ones), and NO cracks. It got a flush of some rust prevention back in the days before it as build up. Structually it is prfectly sound but cosmetically it shows its history.

Sizing:

Seat tube C-C: 380mm
Seat tube c-top op clamp: 430mm
Top tube: C-C: 545mm (21,45")
Vertical horizontal toptube: 560mm
Head tube: 110mm
Mag21 Axel to crown415mm

Frame has chainsuch-device and the original rubber protection to keep water out of the seattube, original canti stuts for the back. It has the original seat qr (not in Pictures). New decals included as well as the original Bontrager cataloge.
Frame only: £325 including shipping

Frameset: Frame, headset (NOS Canecreek) and Mag 21 with Bontrager Crown (Black painted), original m21 pump and some spares, NOS Ritchey Super logic BB, £425 including shipping

If you are seriously interested - let me know. I may be in for a some trade too : eg a nice steel road frame in size 54-55 (center-center).
Dips here and PM. Paypay or bank trasfer.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,837
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,837
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,837
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,837
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,837
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1,837
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,837
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,837
more pics

please let me know if you need more..

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,834
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,834
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,834
  • stickers 1.jpg
    stickers 1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,354
  • jacket 2.jpg
    jacket 2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,354
  • jacket 1.jpg
    jacket 1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,354
Re: Bontrager Race Lite 17" -

Add updated with more information on sizing and some adjustment. Seems its a 95 (or 96 model) sold in 1997.

Wheelset sold

Re:

It's definitely a pre Trek, 95 or earlier with the full complement of gussets and telescopic rear stays, 97 would have been a Privateer.
Has it been re painted? Just Paint looks thin and chipped badly and the Paint on Original Bonty's was usually very tough.

Re: Re:

Wold Ranger":28mutug8 said:
It's definitely a pre Trek, 95 or earlier with the full complement of gussets and telescopic rear stays, 97 would have been a Privateer.
Has it been re painted? Just Paint looks thin and chipped badly and the Paint on Original Bonty's was usually very tough.

Thanks for helping on with the estimation of year. I am also in no doubt that is is a real Bontrager with all its gussets, thin/thick seat stays etc. And paint (or whats letft of it) is most definatly original. It has just been used quite a lot and we (as you in the UK) do see a lot of mud... I dont think it is before 1994/5 based on the year of sale and my knowledge of import of Bontragers to Denmark.

As the Wheels are now sold I striped it from some parts... hanging ready for shipment among its good friends in the garage.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,401

Updated with Pictures of the jacket and the decals (original)

Will most def sell the parts off. So yes to sellig off the mag 21

Back