Bontrager privateer - Bedford with some rare bits

slackboy

Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks to have some fat chance boi forks and a salsa stem. £475, no postage. Seller says its never been ridden

They are out there … lovely things which do not carry an Insane price tag and keep everyone’s interest going …

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I know you’ve had a few Bontys, is this a late Privateer? Maybe a re-powder and stickers?
Hard to be certain. The seat binder looks like the ones on privateers, but the drop out looks like plate, rather than the forged ones on privateers. Photos don't have enough detail to be 100%, and of course with the brakes in place we can't see whether the brake bosses are removable

Actually. I take it back. It does look forged and I can't see any seat or chainstay gussets, so yes I think you are right and it's a privateer

Back