Bob Jackson World Tour

Re: Re:

bduc61":3pz6t6d9 said:
mike - you are giving me bad ideas ! :LOL:

i just digged out this frame out of my stash and will probably have it widened to 130mm at the back , and convert it to a 650b all rounder with modern 8 speed hubs and ultegra 8 speed bar cons - ultegra or dura ace on 650 grand bois rims - but leave some vintage stuff such as crane long cage, dura ace centerpulls, SR triple crankset :idea:
I have everything but the rims !
I know its against the rules :mrgreen: but alas - I actually don't think the geometry is going to be altered a lot :?:

Hi Bruno,
I am always happy to be a bad influence :twisted: . I like your concept and the frame is lovely, I think resetting it to 130 is a good idea, as it gives it a new useful life. How big a tire are you considering and can we expect to see it with a shiny set of Honjo fenders?
Also the GB bars on the Jackson are vintage early 1970's.

: Mike

andreaviola":1cw998v1 said:
Nice bike!!
but I don't like the an-period correct components

Thanks, I tried to keep the anodized components to a minimum, but anodize is so easy to clean :D .

Re: Re:

Blackbike":48j7amq4 said:
bduc61":48j7amq4 said:
mike - you are giving me bad ideas ! :LOL:

i just digged out this frame out of my stash and will probably have it widened to 130mm at the back , and convert it to a 650b all rounder with modern 8 speed hubs and ultegra 8 speed bar cons - ultegra or dura ace on 650 grand bois rims - but leave some vintage stuff such as crane long cage, dura ace centerpulls, SR triple crankset :idea:
I have everything but the rims !
I know its against the rules :mrgreen: but alas - I actually don't think the geometry is going to be altered a lot :?:

Hi Bruno,
I am always happy to be a bad influence :twisted: . I like your concept and the frame is lovely, I think resetting it to 130 is a good idea, as it gives it a new useful life. How big a tire are you considering and can we expect to see it with a shiny set of Honjo fenders?
Also the GB bars on the Jackson are vintage early 1970's.

dunno yet - possibly 32 for the tyres

about the fenders I have some period ones which look like Mavic ones - they are very light but not semi circular
would look better with such ones I have put on a recreation of a city bike - again a 650B conversion on a obscure racing bike but chromed ( my weakness !) and with thumbshifters - very convenient in town ( I have been badly influenced by vintage MTB bike interest! )
Not sure I have got a second pair of these fenders :?: :idea: Honjo at 179 USD are too expensive for my present purse or lets say , I spare that sort of money for more exclusive parts ;)

"dunno yet - possibly 32 for the tyres

about the fenders I have some period ones which look like Mavic ones - they are very light but not semi circular
would look better with such ones I have put on a recreation of a city bike - again a 650B conversion on a obscure racing bike but chromed ( my weakness !) and with thumbshifters - very convenient in town ( I have been badly influenced by vintage MTB bike interest! )
Not sure I have got a second pair of these fenders :?: :idea: Honjo at 179 USD are too expensive for my present purse or lets say , I spare that sort of money for more exclusive parts ;) "

Hi Bruno,
I like your "City Bike". You have the best collection of rolling stock of any one I have met :D .
I also have a vintage MTB interest, I have a 1983 fully lugged Diamondback Ridge Runner (frames were built by Centurion from Tange 5 CroMo), that frame is living in my hall closet, I have been trying to build it up for years, I can't decide on a configuration yet (restomod???). The Ridge Runner was Diamondback's first MTB and looks like this... (Not a photo of my bike)

I love the slack geometry :D .

Back