Bob Jackson World Tour, The Remix...

I have access to machine tools as part of my job, my handlers don't seem to mind the occasional personal project being ran through the shop. I'm on the R&D side of things, I'm expected to be flexible so it's more like a perk
Nice one as I had similar when in Saudi being in charge of the shop & upgrading the machine shop part myself 😄

Progress... I actually drilled a hole and did a test fit of the front fender, corrected the angle of the pressed relief for mounting to the fork crown, decided the fender is sitting about 2mm to low so I will play with the spacers and I may have to tighten up the radius the fender a bit.
All in all things are going well and I haven't hosed anything up yet. Here is the mockup photo with the finder holding itself up and the finder line a bit off. More later...

Untitled by nemosengineer, on Flickr

: Mike

So... Between work, plumbing repairs and waiting on parts... This is where we are at.
The Nitto bars that were originally fitted did not work out because the center section is too short causing the Garmin bracket/light mount to sit at a slightly odd angle that made me nuts.
The fix was a Nitto 135 Rando bar that have a sleeve wide enough to hold all the stuff I want to attach. The 135's have a bit of flair and a bit less rise than what was replaced.
The cheap and cheerful Shimano levers were also replaced with IRD drillium levers as they have a brake release button as I need that feature because I'm running cantilever brakes.

One of the other things that was bugging me was the bike as configured had 3ea 5mm cable adjusters and 1ea 6mm. I fitted a 5mm Helicoil to reduce the the thread to 5mm and now all the cable adjusters match. I know it's a small detail but it satisfies my OCD.

The Brooks Swallow was returned to its rightful home on the Audax Club when the new seat arrived. A titanium Brooks B17 is now my new perch.

Well that's about all the news worth talking about, more updates as they happen.
Thanks For Following Along: Mike

Back