BMX Serial Code

mrhanc79

Retro Newbie
Hi guys fairly new to this forum so im sorry if this has been covered else where.

I have an old BMX bike.
i was informed it came from america and is stainless steel.

The serial code on the bike is AM99053797

Does any1 have any idea what type of make this frame is? and the age? and worth of it?

Kind Regards
Andy.

Attachments

• IMG_5908.JPG
    IMG_5908.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 3,874
  • IMG_5909.JPG
    IMG_5909.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 3,874
  • IMG_5923.JPG
    IMG_5923.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 3,874
  • IMG_5924.JPG
    IMG_5924.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 3,874
  • IMG_5925.JPG
    IMG_5925.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 3,874
  • IMG_5926.JPG
    IMG_5926.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 3,874
Hi there, to me it looks like a generic BMX from around 1999
There were a lot made in the same style ( copied what had sold well from the big company's)
If it was a big company BMX brand it would have a logo or tale tell stamp or a certain date code that is know to us

As for value - it's not going to be high and the best thing to do it - clean it up ( in the right way and with the right products - find parts that you don't have to spend a fortune on and that you like - then ride it and look cool
Not every BMX has to be worth loads, to get the best out of it - fun can be cheap and unnamed as well

Re:

ohh ok,
i got given it by a policeman who was a neighbour many years ago around 1980's and it was in the same condition as it is now. so must be old
He told me it was from america and a very rare frame which a very limited amount were made.

i think it worth a lot and not a generic one at all.
Do you know anyone else who can look at it for me?

Re: Re:

mrhanc79":70wm70ah said:
ohh ok,
i got given it by a policeman who was a neighbour many years ago around 1980's and it was in the same condition as it is now. so must be old
He told me it was from america and a very rare frame which a very limited amount were made.

i think it worth a lot and not a generic one at all.
Do you know anyone else who can look at it for me?

I have to agree with Bendy, Its not Old, the brake mounts are for U-Brakes, or even V-Brakes, 80's BMX's had Caliper Brakes. also the serial number does equate to 1999. Its not rare, it does look generic and to be honest not worth a lot sadly.

Distributed by Moore & Large, might be worth seeing what brands they do/have done in the past.

Re: Re:

Lbg1972":3008zddq said:
Hi
That kink on the bottom bar behind the headstock usually is on an aero.

And on Dyno, GT and many more Freestyle BMX's

Aero has rear standers and also stamped Aero on frame, and GT will also be stamped. But this generic frame screams budget, it ha U Brake mounts so also points Mid Scool not Old School.

Attachments

• Aero001-1.jpg
    Aero001-1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 3,431
  • finallyGT.jpg
    finallyGT.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 3,431
HiRe:

I agree. There's significant difference in the lengths of the tubes that go round seat stem. Them drop outs look like early redline. But there's an early German bike on eBay with even more similar forks. I think from the pic tho it's more 90s. I hope u can find an answer. I know wot it's like to be lookin for info on a bmx. I'm tearing my hair out doin same. Pls check fb for 'David dudley(ddt bmx). Let me know wot u think bout my first custom
Cheers
David

Latest posts

Back