A bmx of sorts

Unlikelybiker

Dirt Disciple
Wasn't sure where to put this and i don't even know if you'd class it as a bmx, so please move or delete as necessary.

I recently finnished my rockhopper mtbmx and when I took it to a mates on Sunday to show him we got talking bikes and stuff and decided to bmx something else. Various ideas came up. Tandems, shopper bikes, allsorts. Trikes were thought about but one of them looked right or close too start with. Some sort of trader type bike, anything. I left his knowing we were going to do something but no idea what. Got home, did stuff, wandered about on ebay and marketplace. Then stopped. Something had been listed 30min before I saw it during the time we'd been talking and was 1/2 hr away.

20230717_184214.jpg
Hmmmmm. What is this. Kinda looks abit bmx. Messaged mate. He said do it. Monday, went and looked. Thing seemed much bigger than thought but the back end came off so struck a deal and stuffed it in the car.
Got it home. Had a proper look at the frame. Just looks like a bmx. 20230718_204424.jpg
Bolted it back together. Pumped tyres up. Really weird to ride and frame flexes a fair bit.

Reactions: CTK
That was 2 days ago and tonight I took it to mates and got the tools out and raided his pile of bits. 20230720_205305.jpg
Still lots to do but really happy with how it's going. Rides much better now. On inspecting the frame he can't work out if it's based on a bmx thats been modded or just looks like one.

Last edited:
Reactions: CTK
Back