bloody dogs

FSR-Si":386afexb said:
lumos2000":386afexb said:
FSR-Si":386afexb said:
There's a shitty little westy on a farm near me and every time i pass the farm the thing comes running out the gate and chases me up the lane, so far i've stamped on its head, toe capped it in the ribs, gave it a cleat tattoo, and best of all sent it flying into the hedge with a quick side flick of the back wheel. Horrible little fugger just doesn't learn!

you've not been riding in Cambridgeshire have you, doing the hoddy image proud. sounds like you deserve to be bitten :roll:

Lets get one thing straight i do not dislike dogs, I had a boxer for 14 years when growing up. What i do dislike are dogs that are out of control, This dog is left loose on a farm and when people pass the farm it runs out and chases them and nips there ankles, or goes mad for other dogs. Now obviously the owner doesn't give a crap about it or the public. So what do you suggest i do? ride somewhere else? its a public right of way. Complain to the farmer? you cant get near the farm because of the dog. So you take matters into your own hands and deal with the situation in hand. And i'm sorry but the isn't a chance in hell i'm going to stop and try to befriend the thing as it will just bite!

And what's doing the hoody thing all about? Next time i'll just report it to the police and have the thing put down is that what you would prefer? Because at least my way the dog is slowly learning to not chase bikes/dogs/people whilst still breathing.

:roll:

it's a westie, whats it going to do? rip your leg off :LOL:

I had a dog run at me as i passed a rural house out in thorntonhall in glasgow.The saddle was right down and i was sitting with my knees higher than usual .I spot the big dog running at me barking madly and press down hard on the pedals while in this sitting position
My back slipped a disc and i tumbled off and was left lying on the ground outside this house in absolute agony,wondering if this dog was coming to finish me off :LOL: :LOL:
The bastard stopped at his gate ,gave a bit of a triumphant woof ,turned around and wandered off,it was never going to attack anyway.it was just protecting its gate :LOL:
I managed to get back up using the bike as a crutch and sat on it,i could just about freewheel ,peddling wasnt happening as i was still in pain.i thought if i could get to a main road i could get someone to give me a lift to the hospital.

I'd noticed while out that they had cut the hedges and left the road strewn with loads of thorns,and yes,youve guessed it got a puncture,got it fixed using tyre weld ,that really hurt.got back sitting and got another in the rear :x :x :x
Im miles from home,i've f***ed my back big time,ive no phone and now ive got a flat and cant use the bike to freewheel to safety :roll:

I dont blame the dog,it was doing what dogs do :LOL:
I've have them run at me going through the park,but despite all the barking they dont seem angry,they just like running after you barking,I find it best to slow down a bit and call 'good dog' to it,if you stop theyll stop as well,they dont mean any harm,just they like doing doggy things and are easily excitable

lumos2000":3dm80ry8 said:
FSR-Si":3dm80ry8 said:
lumos2000":3dm80ry8 said:
FSR-Si":3dm80ry8 said:
There's a shitty little westy on a farm near me and every time i pass the farm the thing comes running out the gate and chases me up the lane, so far i've stamped on its head, toe capped it in the ribs, gave it a cleat tattoo, and best of all sent it flying into the hedge with a quick side flick of the back wheel. Horrible little fugger just doesn't learn!

you've not been riding in Cambridgeshire have you, doing the hoddy image proud. sounds like you deserve to be bitten :roll:

Lets get one thing straight i do not dislike dogs, I had a boxer for 14 years when growing up. What i do dislike are dogs that are out of control, This dog is left loose on a farm and when people pass the farm it runs out and chases them and nips there ankles, or goes mad for other dogs. Now obviously the owner doesn't give a crap about it or the public. So what do you suggest i do? ride somewhere else? its a public right of way. Complain to the farmer? you cant get near the farm because of the dog. So you take matters into your own hands and deal with the situation in hand. And i'm sorry but the isn't a chance in hell i'm going to stop and try to befriend the thing as it will just bite!

And what's doing the hoody thing all about? Next time i'll just report it to the police and have the thing put down is that what you would prefer? Because at least my way the dog is slowly learning to not chase bikes/dogs/people whilst still breathing.

:roll:

it's a westie, whats it going to do? rip your leg off :LOL:

Sorry but a bites a bite doesn't matter how big or small the dog is it is still out of order, would you be saying the same thing if it bit a child? No.

I had a bite on the hand from a dirty arse licking germ ridden little terrier about three years ago. My hand got a very serious (and painful) infection. The result, a hand three to four times bigger than it was, 10 days off work (self employed remember so customers inconvenienced) and no riding time.

Sorry, but if a dog tries to bite me now it fuckng gets it big style. If an owner cannot control it then its fair game.

Dr S":m3gelnbw said:
....and as for the dog shit everywhere, grrrrrrrrr :evil:

with you 100%. I don't like that sort of pain from a k9. And thanks to the owners i would never sit on the grass in any park. The bugs their waste carries.
And after watching those dog problem programs. Make life easier on your self and buy a gerbil or a goldfish. Just remember don't put them together or their could be problems.

Back