Bloody cyclists

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, hate dogs, don't give a ...

Just making sure I'm clear. I don't go looking for dogs, I don't aim for them, just won't change course if they run in front, unless I'm going to come off worse.

Pyro Tim":sn338l9a said:
no, hate dogs, don't give a ...

Just making sure I'm clear. I don't go looking for dogs, I don't aim for them, just won't change course if they run in front, unless I'm going to come off worse.
If they're my dogs, you will!

so your dogs are out of control, and you allow them to run wild, around cyclists. What a good owner you must be. Bet you leave the shit where they park it, on kiddie play areas and the like too. I refer to my earlier points.

Pyro Tim":3qbydwjv said:
so your dogs are out of control, and you allow them to run wild, around cyclists. What a good owner you must be. Bet you leave the shit where they park it, on kiddie play areas and the like too. I refer to my earlier points.
Yes,they're off the lead running where they like, as is their right on private land. Trouble is, and I refer you to my previous point, unless the cyclist warns me, I have no idea they're coming and don't have a chance to call them in.
I do find most walkers remarkably tolerant of ill mannered cyclists,but then they have probably never met such a solid gold ***t such as yourself.

Many of the trails I spend time on have been the preserve of walkers with dogs for many years before the mountain bike scene developed. They are on land 'owned' by dog lovers who use dogs to work their land. Cyclists are there under the same conditions as everyone else, respect the land and the day to day working of the land.

See a walker expect a dog. Golden rule. Slow the f down.

Pyro Tim":m58gdm6c said:
people have right of way, dogs don't. I don't thank people for holding onto their dog. I have a right go at them if they don't. I wheelie and hope to god the loose mutt goes into my chainring. But then I hate dogs. I do slow down for people, young old, and in between, and make sure pedestrians have the right of way. Dogs on one side of path, with lead attached is one of the worst crimes, then no lead, no control.

wanker

I am sure there is an element of reactionary talk here, Pyro is certainly no wan***, I do believe this is hyperbole to make a point rather than any statement of intent. Let's remember we are all friends here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back