Black runs on fully rigid retro...?

How good are you? I think thats what some people are alluding to at the mention of Peat, McRoy etc.

I at least started the peaks on a fully rigid with drops and didnt fall off where others fell head first - my canti brakes worked very well though.

Going by some of the posts on here it's a miracle those of us in our "more advanced" years survived as cantis sound like guaranteed suicide.

Yet here we all are.

One of my buds broke his Karpeil before a planned trip to Bromont. The solution? Bring the hardtail. Here's a pic of him in the flintstones section of the WC course.

flattt-1.jpg

mikee":2mcvml7w said:
fit a vee brake on the front at least
and some big tyres ride it have fun

you might be suprised by some of the wusses that inhabit trail parks these days

Agree with that, I don't think full suss makes everyone fast, you've got to have some ability etc in the first place! lol

Go for it and enjoy...you'll probably get a lot of respect :D

My mate rode the Penhydd, Whites Level and Skyline trails in Afan on his rigid 1988 Stumpjumper a few years ago, and lived to tell the tale! I was on a 2004 Enduro Comp (5" full susser) and had trouble losing him. Depends on how much discomfort and pain you can take...........do it! :twisted:

Our MacRetro nutter DaveDH has imfamously chased down full sus guys on the trails of Glentress on a rigid 1990 Spesh Hardrock and left them crying in his wake :LOL:

Back