Black & Gold

I know pedals look out of place at the moment but wanted to ride the bike which for a C40 is a super smooth lively ride just the same as more modern machine are & handles very well into corners..

Re:

I think gold, just to confuse matters! Maybe black where it runs through the cable guides?
I'm pleased it rides well. Pretty light too I imagine despite the goldness

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1ifav4j5 said:
I think gold, just to confuse matters! Maybe black where it runs through the cable guides?
I'm pleased it rides well. Pretty light too I imagine despite the goldness

Mike

I was thinking the opposite all black with touches of gold as you say around the cable guides.

Very little & Nimble & very light with the lightweight wheels in & they really are a great companion for this frame.

Sorry but it does not look good IMHO.
This mix of modern and vintage parts... and the black-gold "theme" turns out too loud.

Yes, either make them all-black or, better still, ditch them alltogether and get ordinary black cables. They ruin what would otherwise be an excellent looking bike, something I wouldn't have thought when you started...
Nob":33pfnq3n said:
Should I amend the current brake cable pattern? More black less gold....
Also agree on changing the bar tape to black...

Re:

Have these also

anodized-bar-plugs.jpg

Re:pERFECTION-What Ho!

Take no notice from the negative remarks. Gold and black are a perfect combination. I would keep the gold bar tape after all how many bikes have we seen with that colour bar tape-none.
Always strive to be different from the common crowd and do what you want, not what others demand you to do.
Anyway that machine would be welcome in my house, quite a jewel, and what a head turner it is going to be, best of luck,

Mike T.

Thanks Mike but the gold tape did look kinda tacky - I'll go black Observe from a distance then may change as I need to strike a nice balance. Gold Rubber brake hoods would be a good option but can't find any in that color at the moment for the particular model of Campag RS levers

Back