Black 1993 GT Zaskar LE 16" Frame with Unused Replica Decals

MikeWarner

Retro Guru
After 21 years I feel I'm now ready to part with my Zaskar. I've owned it from new and loved it very much, but it has been gathering dust for far too long now so should go to someone who will use it.

Please see the ebay listing for full details HERE.
$_12.JPG

Re: Black 1993 GT Zaskar LE 16" Frame with Unused Replica De

how badly faded is the ano underneath? would be a really desirable colour once the paint is stripped

sean

It was painted maybe 13 years ago, but from memory, the anodising was polished away where clothing or footwear would rub - so chainstays, top tube. There was a scratch in the top tube too, not deep, but enough to go through the thin anodising. Also, wear where the cables rubbed. I can't remember where I got the paint done, maybe it was even powder coat, I can't remember. So I don't know if the place that did it keyed the surface first. As such, I can't guarantee the condition of the surface below the paint, sorry. However, it could be polished back to bare alloy and re anodised if you can find a place with a big enough tank. Back then it was a just 7 year old Zaskar - so nothing special. Wish I had just left it as it was to be honest.

This is how it looked before I took it all apart and sold all the parts off - some on here may remember the wheels going for an amazing £400 a few years back. I don't have any digital photos of it before the repaint as digital camera weren't really around much then. I bought the replica graphics about 4 or 5 years back off someone on here (not fitted to the bike).

zaskar1.jpg

zaskar2.jpg

zaskar4.jpg

zaskar3.jpg

Just a quick heads up, this frame will be relisted this weekend.

Item relisted, link in first page updated and HERE. Any questions, please do ask here or through ebay. Thanks.

Back