Bike stolen in Aberdeen, keep em peeled please

mikeyboyo

Old School Hero
Hey guys please can you keep an eye out for my bike, it was stolen from the communal bike parking outside my flat (near Loch Street) at around 1am last night, the lock was snipped and left a few metres away from my building. I have seen some cctv and it looks like it was taken by two 12 year old bams, this has been a favourite bike and has served me well for the last 2 years, please can you keep an eye out for it. It's a 1994 Marin Sausalito with a 2014 Shimano groupset, it is dark grey with black mudguards and other parts. There is a Union Flag sticker on the rear myguard and on the handlebars, there is also a Becycle sticker on the rear mudguard. It has bar ends and a metal turtle shaped mascot on the front mudguard. Please help me get Sally back!

The mascot (hand made by me)

I did a few thousand miles on one back in the day touring down North East to South East Europe. Nice bike.

Will keep eyes peeled.

Re:

I'll keep my eyes peeled for it , worthwhile checking Gumtree, local classifieds etc too. .

highlandsflyer":2caa22vs said:
I did a few thousand miles on one back in the day touring down North East to South East Europe. Nice bike.

Will keep eyes peeled.

It was a beautiful bike, I have easily put a few hundred miles on this, maybe even a thousand in the time I've had it, missing it terribly.

Thank you

Thanks everyone, I have been checking gumtree and ebay daily, as well as going for rides through all the back of beyonds and places where people might abandon a stolen bike, saw an abandoned bike today, but it wasn't mine :( The police are looking into it and have seen the CCTV footage from where the bike was parked, I saw it this morning, they were two kids, they sat on the bike rails, with their feet against the top tube and pushed until the lock snapped, then passed the bike over the wall, also saw they came back last night to try and pull of a big heist, they brought 2 friends, this time they saw the cameras and kicked one of them in. Luckily they did not get any bikes this time, I have all my bikes locked with better locks, and have my daily and my mint classic in my flat with me now. All I can do is hope

Back