Bike identification

Re:

I very much doubt I have any photos of it but there is ONE album I can check IF I can find it.

Dropouts. No idea. I cannot recall doing that to it. From memory TV forks weren't even chrome when I got it.

That's the reason I seem to recall recall the frame had already painted yellow when I got it.

Don't ask me to remember colours stripped from it 33 years ago. I'm getting old!

I did a bit by hand this time to see if there were any but there wasn't so I must have fully stripped it before.

I had it professionally chemically stripped this time.

What needs checking professionally about the dropouts?

They look to have been filed.

Rear ends have clearly been replaced a bit roughly, you could make them look better with a bit of filing. Forks possibly replacement.
Crimped chain stays and cheap bridges usually means quantity maker, Carlton were far better than this.
Lug set pressed and welded, like most until later investment castings, used commonly from early 60's.
Keith

Interesting thoughts.

Having looked at my Team Raleigh 753 from SBDU Ilkeston, I noticed that has crimped stays. Obviously not a cheap frame though.

This frame does smack of cheapness despite being 531. The forks are its only redeeming feature.

Latest posts

Back