Bike hoarding addiction - HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re:

Let me know if you have a nice 19" frames for sale then, about time I had a new project on the go... :oops:

Re:

sorry mate

tought there is no hope for us.....
just ordered 2 more frames...even if I just cant go into the shed as there is no more place :facepalm: :facepalm:

please lord help us :mrgreen:

cheers
christophe

It can get silly especially if you 'only' have a garage.

critical_mass_615.jpg

or_to_put_it_another_way_149.jpg

Re:

mrs Groovy sent me this from the Daily Mash:

MEN are increasingly limiting their mid-life madness to buying bikes they do not really want, it has emerged. The Institute for Studies found that 43 percent of professional men aged 35-50 have spent more than £500 on a bike without really knowing why.

Professor Henry Brubaker said: “Historically, men of a certain age have spent their disposable incomes on small fibreglass sports cars that the man in the shop described as a ‘fanny magnet’. “This would be combined with pointy shoes, brown leather clothing and a hip flask – the objective being an overall sense of virility that would impress ‘dolly birds’.

“So it’s interesting that today’s middle-aged man is choosing instead to spend the disposable income generated by the job he hates on a Tungusku 9000 super-lightweight racing bike made from some sort of space carbon and weighing less than a grape. And then riding around on top of it. Wearing spandex. And a plastic hat. Like a total bell-end. “Clearly these are not the actions of a sexual predator.”

Roy Hobbs, 41, said: “I dressed myself in the gear and looked at myself in the mirror and thought, ‘What have I become?’ I looked like a chunky wasp.
“Maybe I’ll take the bike into the garden tomorrow and smash it with a mallet, while weeping.”

She's saying nothing...

I got up-to 21 bikes and thought Christ I've got a problem. Now a more manageable 16..Was gonna sell an orange aluminium o last week and my girlfriend talked me out of it because she wants it as a spare bike for herself! So like you theres no hope for me.. she doesn't even care when am building a bike in the kitchen whilst cooking dinner.. who's says men can't multi task! :)

widowmaker":1mvfnbcu said:
My name is Ed and I am a bike parts hoarder its been 48 mins since my last purchase :facepalm:

On Holiday this week and I am having a clear-out but I have bought more than I have sold this week. I have even seen 2 frames for sale on Retrobike that I almost bought :oops: :facepalm:

Is there any hope for me :p

You need to be strong. This will get you through this period of uncertainty :cool:.

Before you know it, you'll be back buying guilt free.
Look at women and their clothing/shoe/handbag collections, many of which go back to their childhood. But open that wardrobe there and its all still in there.
Are they racked or even display the merest hint of guilt ?

Then neither should you :cool:

Ive just recently sold off a block plane and wood lathe chuck.
I consider those funds to now be bike bit buying wedge. :cool: 160 bike buying tokens.

Back