BIG retro find, and sale....(now with some pics)

matt_outandabout

Dirt Disciple
Hello all

:cool:

I have been part of a process that has unearthed a cellar full of retro MTB's, roadbikes and boxes of spares, in Sheffield. It all belonged to a gentleman who died recently, and via the power of mlehworld I have been asked to go and look at and help dispose of the bikes and kit.

TooTall from mleh has some bikes already for people (Canondale, Kona Cinder Cone and summat else) Orange Prestige has been sold. I have dibbs on a Dawes hybrid for a commuting bike. I already have a few people interested in this by word of mouth...These are on top of what is listed below.

Sale will be in January, as the owners are off on a months holiday. I will post a list on mleh, here and stw, but likely that bikes will be ebay auctions. Parts may well be a days sale as there are too many to be posting out.

Many parts are brand new (and boxed), lots hardly used- in fact very few are incomplete or worn....

In the meantime, I need to find out some more about the things.

Unfortunately due to the bad weather in Sheffield the owner did not want to spend a few hours with me taking pics and listing exactly what was there - we will sort out a dry day in January to do that. All bikes are around 19"/large, unless stated. (pics not mine)

1990 Kona Cinder cone, white with red and blue spatter paint job, full suntour XCD gears, hardly used. (this pic is the near identical twin that has sold already)
_G1L0020.jpg

2no Cannondales, one black (M700 1991?), one splatter white on black (earlier?). Black one has early pace(?) straight blade 753 rigids, both full XT, i guess around 1992/1993 age...Splatter one has grey forks - and there are two sets of forks to match both bikes in the spares boxes...
(This bike has gone, other two are similar, but older by a year or three)
_G1L0002.jpg

Raliegh Dynatech XC50, blue lugs n rear with LOUD lime green/yellow/blue camo titanium tubes '2070' Tubeset sticker, 500cx gears. Steel i believe after searches on here, not titanium.

Black tange prestige mtb, nice frame with unusual 'bridge' in semi-circular mini-tube by stays...all Ritchey kit on it and full deore LX (any ideas?)

2no Clements bikes, one partially built (looks new) and one set up for cummuting, full altus kit.
_G1L0014.jpg

Scott Boulder, Peugeuot Blackstone and Shimano (nice pink!) bikes with deore LX on, good nick. (smaller 18" frames)
_G1L0015.jpg

_G1L0008.jpg

_G1L0003.jpg

Peugeot Black Mamba 531 tubes, full lx kit

2no. 'MB' brand road bikes Tange frame, full shimano road kit, white with small 'Olympic' stickers.

Carlton 10sp road bike, used but ok nick.
_G1L0019.jpg

Heidmann racer, rust areas, need love :(

And, summary the boxes and boxes of kit:

NEW boxed USE titanium bars, blue (x2),
lots of 3ttt, velocity, use, ritchey etc bars, bar ends and stems etc
3x NEW suntour XC groupsets
Suntour thumbies (used)
2x Campag gripshifts...
bags of new shimano chainrings
used XT, LX, XC500, EXAGE etc bb, shifters, brakes gears etc.
Mountainforce hydraulic rim brakes (used)
loads of seats, seat posts etc

Pile of tyres abour 3' high....mainly mtb (including some barely worn onza porcs, ground controls etc....)

And thats just delving into the top layer of 4x curver boxes and 3xshelves of kit....

I am now off to search the archives on retrobike for info on each model

Matt (mattoutandabout on mleh and stw)
_G1L0023.jpg

Likewise on the Ground Controls. I'd Also take a pair of the new "Pace" forks if they are indeed pace.

If it's all going on fleabay let us know when.

Crell":2bs42snp said:
Likewise on the Ground Controls. I'd Also take a pair of the new "Pace" forks if they are indeed pace.

If it's all going on fleabay let us know when.

Pace forks, advice needed....

Straight blade, polished-ish effect, cut off at 45* at dropouts, 753 stickers, bolt on crown in black...crown looks like early pace, but no manufaturers stickers...

Back