Big decision time

What to do?

• Flog the boat and live with students

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are you mental? Keep the boat!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
keep the boat, you will still meet different people but still have your own space aswell.

You got any pic's of the boat??

rojo":18ntqmpg said:
keep the boat, you will still meet different people but still have your own space aswell.

You got any pic's of the boat??
There's these:
drifter.jpg

Malliard of Joy before she was Malliard of Joy.

IMG_0335-1.jpg

The stove, source of all heating and food from September-April.

I'm sure I have some more, I'll have a look.

that has got to be better than some god forsaken student house. arguments over splitting bills, kept up all night with idiots playing loud music, sharing a house with people you dont like, not getting deposit back at the end of the year because of someone else's mess.

keep the narrow boat. that's still my advice!

the answers seem unanimous, keep the boat. I agree for four main reasons

1. Its a unique home and lifestyle. If you cherish that, you'll regret selling it - god knows, you may never get another.
2. Its part of your character. Its what we on here and I guess all your mates know you for - you just cant trade that in
3. how will a mature man cope living with some silly kids? Okay now and then and on occassion, but you will be their spoilsport, they will be your annoyance. and anything that needs brains or inclination to sort out, you'll be the one doing it. they'll just continue partying.
4. Have you seen the state of some student digs. I know there are landlords' requirements, but any local paper will highlight instances of dodgy fire escapes, carbon monoxide poisoning etc. You wont worry on the boat.

Cant you relocate the boat to a university city with canal moorings?

think of us poor sods saddled with a mortgage. You are in a good position to set the majority of your life up (until the time comes when you need help to wee, hopefully along time away.)

Someone on the other forum I posted this on pointed out my original choice on the UCAS form was places that had navigable rivers alongside.

I think moving the boat will be the plan.

What was I thinking? I didn't like living with kids even when I was a kid!

Kestonian":3pzni70n said:
Are you kidding? Mature student living on a boat? A veritable floating palace of clunge!

Very true and :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Keep the boat btw. My friend lived on a barge that he had built from scratch for a number of years. Sold it when kids came along and he still misses it.

Back